Board index Other Forum

Seeking to edit/delete an old post - locked out of account

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

Seeking to edit/delete an old post - locked out of account

Postby seekingaccdeletion » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi All:

Hoping for some help from an Administrator here - happy to talk more over PM as well if that's helpful.

I used to post fairly regularly here in about 2008 or so. I'm trying to clean up some of my web presence (i.e. links between different usernames), and came across one post here which links my forum username to a personal picasa account, which then could link back to me personally. Given my age when I was posting here, a lot of my content is somewhat embarrassing. In trying to "clean up" my account, I changed my email address to "none@gmail.com," which was a mistake given the email validation protocol that follows. My mistake for not checking in first on how to best do this.

I'm not seeking to mass delete all of my posts (unless that's an option), but rather to either (1) regain access to that old account so that I can do that, or (2) request a specific link be removed from an older post. Is that possible? Happy to discuss more via PM if so.

Thank you, and appreciate any help that can be provided here!
seekingaccdeletion

Re: Seeking to edit/delete an old post - locked out of accou

Postby Gijs » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 am

Hi,

Please send me a PM so we can work out the details.

Gijs (moderator)
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to Forum