Board index Other Forum

wiki templates?

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

wiki templates?

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:08 pm

i'm pretty sure that this is not the right place to ask this but it is the closest relevant one i can find...

i thought it might be a good idea to use a convert template like is used on wikipedia... since the flightgear wiki and wikipedia both use the same software, using the same convert template should be relatively easy... i just don't know how to go about creating a new template on wikis... so, please see my flightgear wiki talk page for an example and links to the template on wikipedia...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: wiki templates?

Postby Hooray » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Johan, Red Leader and bugman are the most likely candiates to help with the fancy template magic - -personally, I'd much rather code php or even C than coming up with templates that I don't really understand ;-)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby bugman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:19 pm

The place to ask is:

It would be better to shift everything there, for the wiki records. Importing templates is a piece of cake though ;)

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:12 pm

i've added a section to the village pump...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Forum