Board index FlightGear Support Installation

flightgear admin wizard

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

flightgear admin wizard

Postby Roberticus01 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Hello, I am trying to manually download FlightGear scenery, but I cannot find the admin wizard to install it. Where should I be looking?
Roberticus01

Re: flightgear admin wizard

Postby Clive2670 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi, Firstly are you downloading scenery from here: http://www.flightgear.org/download/scenery/ ? What version of Flightgear are you running? As it is dependent on how you install the scenery. But if you are using a recent version of F/G just start as normal, when the main screen for settings ect comes up, when this shows go to the "add-ons" tab, open it and look for the box that says "install downloaded scenery" and then just follow the instructions. This will then install the scenery for you. As an alternative in the "settings" tab check the auto' scenery download box (Terrasync) Finally if you have the disc space you could use terramaster 1.7 download ( https://github.com/Portree-Kid/terramas ... es/tag/1.7) which tiles you need. The whole world will take about 84Gb of disc space. Choose a folder to download the tiles to, and then point (copy & paste the FULL folder address) F/G to this folder within the "add-ons" tab adding the address to the "additional scenery locations" box. This then has all the tiles you need at hand. Hope this helps?
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Return to Installation