Board index Other Forum

Instantly expiring login

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

Instantly expiring login

Postby Johan G » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:59 am

A user sent me a PM the other day asking for assistance with an issue.

For each action on the forum the user have to log in again. This could for example after reading a topic or posting a message.

I know there are many guys on the forum that are much more clever than me, so I wonder if some of you have any ideas on what could be the cause.

I do not have that issue, the forum infrastructure does not seem to have changed, and the user had not done any changes on his side when the issue manifested itself.

The user have since tried using another web browser and logging in specifically to the https URL, but the issue still persist.

I have no ideas as to what could be the cause of this.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: Instantly expiring login

Postby curt » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Could be a local browser issue? Maybe try with a different browser (i.e. firefox vs. chrome vs. safari vs. exploder?) Maybe they have some security setting on their browser dialed way up? Maybe they've run out of disk space to cache temp files? Just brainstorming ...
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Re: Instantly expiring login

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:14 pm

sounds like they are blocking cookies and/or using private browsing... they should stop being so paranoid on the flightgear forums ;) :lol:
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Forum