Board index Other Forum

Old spam

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

Old spam

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi!
Whenever I have time, I get to the last pages of each forum and read through the topics to get an idea of how it all started/was at the beginning ;)
However, unfortunately there are many dead links (Spam topics as well as usual topics) on the last page(s) as seen e.g. here: viewforum.php?f=3&start=1200 so I'd like to ask you whether it's possible to remove those old page links (in particular the spam ones).
Regards
D-ECHO
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Re: Old spam

Postby Hooray » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Those threads are database garbage - i.e. incompletely deleted, and can no longer be easily deleted via the forum software, you can really only delete those threads by directly modifying the SQL database, which is why they are left alone
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Gijs » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:50 pm

I've removed them. Please let me know what other subfora contain such links.

Thanks!
Gijs

PS: While it is indeed a corrupted database entry, they can be removed easily. The only reason they're there is that we are unaware of them until someone notifies us :-)
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:18 pm

Thank you!
Others are actually in almost every category on the last page(s), only in very few there are none.
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Return to Forum