Board index Other Forum

Out of context quoting to mislead

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

Re: Out of context quoting to mislead

Postby stuart » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi All,

I agree with what Bomber and Thorsten write - a moderator needs to be involved in the forum.

I do read the forums on a daily basis (unless particularly busy or on vacation obviously). Note that some of this is done without logging in.

I don't tend to post as much as I did in the past unless I can answer a question immediately. I try to avoid getting involved in lively debates as often others are expressing my views better than I can and I don't want my own involvement to affect my moderation decisions (should it be required).

Bomber - I can see how this would make me seem more detached than I am. I will take that feedback on board and try to be a more visible participant.

-Stuart

Just as an FYI,
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby Octal450 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Thorsten wrote in Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:51 am:Whoever in 'the other forum' is fond of swear words, Nazi comparisons, sexual innuendo and other things that don't fit into civilized discourse is who uncles Bertram, Charlie, David and Emerson stand for. I frankly don't know everyone who indulges in hate speech over there.

I haven't any of that over there, but I don't doubt you it happens. I don't read every post/thread, since I only read the things I care. But it makes sense now.

Why is no one answering me?
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby Lydiot » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Thorsten wrote in Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:49 am:So please note that generic metaphors using murderers or thieves aren't name-calling - even if your mind for whatever reason attaches them to a particular person.

Except when it's a Nazi metaphor?
Lydiot

Postby CA1012_Falcon5 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:46 pm

bugman wrote in Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:56 pm:@FGMEMBERS: Those who think cross-posting is banned, just look up "USA Tour" here. The only ban is the direct posting of messages from Israel or Jabberwocky, via an intermediate user who is not banned, to work around their permanent ban. This has happened a lot! E.g. one user, SHM who is now permanently banned, who used a lot of sneaky tactics, including pretending that Israel's posts were his own. Other posts or threads have been shifted into the backend trash can as they degenerated and became very ugly (SHM's deliberately confrontational FGMEMBERS-TERRAGIT threads). Moderators do not have the backing to delete posts that simply mention FGMEMBERS - as a simple search here will show - but that may change in the future.

Then why did you delete my sub-forum about a new mumble server? it0uchpods and I thought it would be a good Idea for me to post it here and for him to post on the free flight forum. We never intended it to be hostile. We were trying to create a new server because the person who is paying for the current server no longer supports this project. Where is the harm in that? You banned me because you thought I was an alt for him, HOWEVER, If you look at the dates that we signed up for this forum, you will see that I was on a solid year before Josh showed up.
Last edited by CA1012_Falcon5 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CA1012_Falcon5

Callsign: Falcon/MIA0010
Version: 2016.2.1

Postby Octal450 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Exactly. @Falcon
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby CA1012_Falcon5 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:46 pm

@bugman. Following your logic, If I were to post about leg number 50 of the USA tour, I would be banned because Israel is banned and the USA tour is his event. Is that right?
CA1012_Falcon5

Callsign: Falcon/MIA0010
Version: 2016.2.1

Postby oscar6662 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:57 pm

It's never late to say; "I've done a mistake" :)
Todo bien todo correcto? Y yo que me alegro!!!
#keepKSFO

Sir. Berenguer
oscar6662

Callsign: AA2234
IRC name: N/A
Version: 3.4.0.

Postby Octal450 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:04 pm

This is true.

Mature adults apologize,

Babies don't know how.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:34 pm

I'm sick of feeling mistreated just because I participate in the "other" group.
Last edited by Octal450 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Octal450

Postby Alant » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Josh

What has upset you this time? I hope is not me, as my last post was congratulating you on admiting that you had been misinformed.

As far as I know nobody here is attacking you. Some are responding to your rather forceful language. That is all.

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby Octal450 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:14 am

I am upset for being mistreated twice.

I was twice accused for doing things *that I did not do!*
And I want answers.
Why am I targeted? I feel that the mods want me to leave. Is that the case?

Also bomber, Falcon, treated unfairly. Why was that?

Nothing to do with you Alan, you are innocent in my book! :)

Josh

Octal450

Postby Hooray » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:24 am

take it easy, much much worse things have happened around here, just don't make the mistake to take it all too seriously (as in, any/all of us, no matter to what group you belong to, for the time being).
otherwise, you're inflating all this beyond proportions
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Thorsten » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:26 am

Welcome to the club - by now I must have been accused a hundred times of things I did not do.
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:38 am

And I want answers.

I suggest to do a reality check - for instance, recently one contributor around here claimed that fgrun had been tampered with by the core developers to specifically exclude fgmembers related aircraft to function properly - which is a rather serious accusation in comparison to what you you are complaining about here, right now:

Jumbolino
it0uchpods wrote:It worked at one point. Then it stopped working. It's funny how doing PropertyList include <path to voodoomaster> but other property list includes work.

Before you start complaining about flame war crap (I swear if this thread turns into an FGMEMBERS flame war I'll leave here forever)

I'm saying what I was informed. Done.

Why don't you prove me otherwise?
"It's funny how doing PropertyList include <path to voodoomaster> but other property list includes work." is my observation.

If you want to be taken seriously, act like a man and try to back up your claims with facts - sometimes that means that you need to check the facts that someone else is spoon-feeding you, and review the corresponding pointers/links (commit logs) to see if certain claims are valid or not.

For now, I would politely suggest to stop this b/s - you are making a big fuss about something despite not having taken the time to check your facts, exactly as in the Jumbolino thread ...

If you want to continue this debate, come up with the corresponding evidence, and discuss it in private with the corresponding folks.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Bomber » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Well I'd like to know how long I have to wait before I get an explanation from the moderators with regards the forum topic.

Both my reports I've now been informed by email have been closed, I can ask for an explanation by PM and have done so , yet as yet have received no reply.

Just done a quick check of the topics and it seems the posts by Bugman have rather quietly been deleted. I find mine are deleted with a public rebuke and a ban, why the difference in procedure ?

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchel
Bomber

PreviousNext

Return to Forum