Board index Other Forum

Your minds are taken over by zombies

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

Your minds are taken over by zombies

Postby Thorsten » Mon May 23, 2016 8:40 am

Hail minions of the evil Truc!

I've come to tell you the truth about FG and the mind-control that it going on! Flightgear is just the tip of the iceberg of an organization of Nazi zombies. Nazi zombies aren't just your regular zombies who want to eat you for proteines - they've been Nazis before they became zombiefied, and hence they hate freedom. They're the Taliban of the zombie world.

Have you ever wondered why sometimes posts in this forum are deleted for no good reason by moderators with German names like Buchanan or d'Auvergne? It's because Nazi zombies in FG hate free speech and want to suppress it.

Have you ever wondered why FG moved the aircraft to an SVN repository? Well, do you know what SVN stands for - it stands for subversion! What is to be subverted, you should be asking now? Well, it's free software - Nazi zombies hate free software.

Have you ever wondered why there's so much talk about autopilots in this forum? It's because FG secretly works for Airbus (you know, the company where the Germans have a large stake in - need I say more?) - and Airbus aims to take away the ability of pilots to fly free and wants to make them mindless zombies just capable of pushing buttons. Nazi zombies hate free flight and hence have invented the autopilot!

But as we all know, Zombies are mostly mindless puppets - whose puppets are they? They're controlled by Truc (his forum nick is just an anagram of his true name, which incidentially sums numerologically to 667, which is the number of the neightbour of the beast!).

Truc founded FG in secret to help NASA fake the moon landings, and to-date it is used to pollute the minds of unwary users wil electronic Chemtrails.

No one knows whether Truc is really who he claims to be - nobody has ever seen his birth certificate until now! Maybe it doesn't even exist! But with the help of a concerned group called 'Flyboat veterans for truth' I was able to obtain a picture that likely shows the true nature of Truc:

Yes, my friends, he wants to re-establish the Furred Reich, that's why the Nazi zombies are around.

Now you can no longer hide from the truth - join all in the rebellion and help us to create a free forum - free of logic, reason or anything that makes any sense!

P.S.: In case this needs to be said, this was satire. I would like to take credit for coming up with the Nazi zombies, but I've really gotten the idea from recently watching a 'Breaking Bad' episode in which Badger goes on a drug-fueled rant about them.

I do hope Truc has a sense of humor and won't prove the theory right by deleting the harmless furred creature that just happens to resemble a certain historic German person...
Thorsten

Re: Your minds are taken over by zombies

Postby wlbragg » Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 am

Breaking News

Bigfoot seen at KEQA

Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Octal450 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:32 pm

-
Last edited by Octal450 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby Thorsten » Mon May 23, 2016 12:38 pm

I'm sure you're familiar with satire - but in case you're not, let me quote Wikipedia to illustrate the relevance:

A feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant" —but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.
Thorsten

Postby Octal450 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:50 pm

-
Last edited by Octal450 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby Thorsten » Mon May 23, 2016 12:54 pm

That's sort of the point :-)
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Mon May 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Actually, I got the point ...
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon May 23, 2016 1:41 pm

-
Last edited by legoboyvdlp on Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby bugman » Mon May 23, 2016 1:58 pm

"Spottschrift" is another good German word for it. Persiflage isn't used too often, and is often translated into the English word 'persiflage'.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon May 23, 2016 2:07 pm

-
Last edited by legoboyvdlp on Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legoboyvdlp

Postby Hooray » Mon May 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Sportshift ?
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon May 23, 2016 3:12 pm

No, satire!
I believe it is Spottshrift in pronounciation, but I am probably wrong.
legoboyvdlp

Postby bugman » Mon May 23, 2016 3:18 pm

No, you're right. It's pronounced "spot-shrift", though the German "Satire", as that link shows, is more common. That Linguee site is very good when learning Deutsch (together with Leo).

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Thorsten » Mon May 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Admittedly I've never heard anyone use 'Spottschrift' in actual spoken or German or seen it before in written German (though I recognize it of course). I'd classify it as a somewhat archaic use. The modern word used it 'Satire'.
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Mon May 23, 2016 3:26 pm

First all those those Nazi references, now they're teaching us German, what next: Building autobahn-highways in FlightGear :D
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Next

Return to Forum