Board index Other Forum

My Suggestion for The Forum

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

My Suggestion for The Forum

Postby Velocity23 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Ok, so I know this is my first topic, and I joined the forum mere minutes ago, but this is what I hope will make this forum more organized, cleaner, better looking, and just better overall. I have been a user of the Infinite Flight Community ([url]community-infinite-flight,com[/url]) which are the Forums for the mobile flight simulator Infinite Flight, for some time now, and these are my suggestions that I got from the IFC (as we call it) -

Use Discourse ([url]discouse.org[/url]) to run the forum. I acknowledge this would be a big switch to make, but for the look, feel, and functionality of the forum, it would certainly be worth it.
    Have a board of highly trusted forum members regulating Virtual Airlines. Currently, the whole Virtual Airline thing, from what I can see, is a bit out of hand. If this is introduced, it will make sure only the Virtual Airlines that deserve a spot will get one.

And, that's it! I know it's only two suggestions, but I feel that they could both make the forum a much better place. What's your opinion?
Velocity23

Re: My Suggestion for The Forum

Postby Thorsten » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:10 am

I acknowledge this would be a big switch to make, but for the look, feel, and functionality of the forum, it would certainly be worth it.

I actually don't want much from a forum - a well-readable design, the ability to read and write text, filters for excessive signatures/avatar images, the absence of silliness like points and ranks - and we all have that.

So no, there's no change I'd desire that it'd be 'worth it' (in fact, I'm also quite happy with the mailing list - and my observation is, the more knowledgeable the people, the graphically less assuming and more text-heavy the medium they use is...)

Have a board of highly trusted forum members regulating Virtual Airline

The FG project doesn't specifically endorse VAs (or impose regulations other than the normal forum rules) - they can certainly use this forum, but many use their own.

Certainly I'm not interested in arguing why this and that VA 'deserves a spot' and why that other does not (and I can't imagine the forum mods wanting to get into this).

How about everyone who follows the forum rules gets his space here?
Thorsten

Re: My Suggestion for The Forum

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:26 pm

IMHO, these forums are just fine... there is little to nothing that needs changing...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Forum