Board index FlightGear Release candidates 2.10

how many gps waypoint can we stock in fg 2.10 ?

This is the archive of topics about the 2.10 release candidates.

Re: how many gps waypoint can we stock in fg 2.10 ?

Postby F-JJTH » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:51 am

James,

Here is a poi.dat.gz file who contains more than 36 000 positions. http://clemaez.fr/flightgear/poi.dat.gz

I've generated this file with a PHP script and I plan to add more town and village (ID=14)
Since OSM doesn't provide population info for every place I haven't exported them.

PS: be carefull with the encodage of the file, I've just seen that arab/japan/chinese character are present in the file ! (My script was able to find the English name for a position if existing, else he use the local name (e.g: Italy/Italia) )

Cheers,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby zakalawe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:38 pm

That file is pretty good, UTF-8 encoding is fine for our XML parser, and the compressed size is fine too (540kbyte). However it seems to be missing some data - at least no UK cities are in it, when I searched?
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby jeep » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

if you work on loading the cities and point of interrest, i'll wait for it

but the garmin 196 needs always to have the hability to entre user waypoint (it worked on fg 2.8) et delete these waypoints...

if you can add this feature in future version ... thanks
jeep

Postby zakalawe » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:03 pm

jeep wrote in Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm:ehe garmin 196 needs always to have the hability to entre user waypoint (it worked on fg 2.8) et delete these waypoints...
if you can add this feature in future version ... thanks

Sure, and the feature is still there in 2.10 - I can add an API to delete, by identifier, if wanted. The only issue is you can't add two waypoints with the same ident, or you get the error above, which I should check for an make nicer.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Previous

Return to 2.10