Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

Feedback requested: fgfs traffic injection

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

Feedback requested: fgfs traffic injection

Postby Hooray » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi,

I believe the following idea/posting relating to "fgfs traffic injection" seem to be overlapping with what OpenRadar and ATC-Pie are already doing, so some sort of feedback from you guys would probably make sense, and would be highly appreciated (emphasis added by me):

web GIS talking to FG to display traffic in (near) real time

bluecap wrote:[...]
I will build a website with a static map (free satellite data), showing an airport (let's say 2 or 3 tile-style zoom levels) based on technologies I know well about (Openlayers, PHP etc). I'll build some layers for stuff like: parking positions, taxi routes, runway centerlines etc, for snapping user-drawn routes of the traffic. On that map I will inject traffic and I will control it with simple Openlayers draw functions.

Every traffic injected will have some basic data about its specific characteristics, eg turn radius/speed margins, takeoff/landing speed/margins etc.

The idea is for a user to be able to give commands to traffic (eg: draw a route/"vector" on map, change altitude/speed, instruct to land/take off/go around etc) with a simple and straightforward way. The commands could also be given by more than one client, eg one showing the airport at a large zoom level, the other showing it zoomed out. All pretty straightforward up to this point.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Return to OpenRadar