Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

ORCAM in open radar

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

ORCAM in open radar

Postby Clive2670 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi all i have tried setting up ORCAM in open radar but nothing seems to work, I have followed the instructions on the Wiki' No success, ( Iwant the ORCAM to work on tower view for ATC but when I do everything according to Wiki all I get is "OFFLINE" on the camera's) The actual openradar side of things works fine. Anyone help please?
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Re: ORCAM in open radar

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:20 am

i've played with the ATC software and running my FG here... i ran two instances of FG... one with options for the ATC software to connect to for a live view from the airport... the other FG instance was for the craft i was playing with but there were also other people coming by since both FGs (and the ATC software??) were connected to multiplayer... the trick is to get the ports right between the ATC software and the FG instance it is connecting to and controlling... i would have to look back at my three scripts to see exactly how i have them working... i use the same basic things for running OR as well as ATCPie and have had both running at the same time using different ports for each...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to OpenRadar