Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

Not showing up on Openradar?

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

Not showing up on Openradar?

Postby dave1978 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Hello, need some help with open radar. I have the latest version and have looked at previous thread regarding nothing showing up on OR. I have set up at Manchester international EGCC. I go through the settings and open. I can see other aircraft but i dont show up. I have checked this site http://mpmap02.flightgear.org/ and im showing up on there OK. So im looking at the port settings when opening OR using the .bat file.

Server port 5000 and client port 5001, is this correct?
i Run FG using FGrun.exe, tick MP box with ports in and out both 5000 as directed by guide, is this correct?

run both OR and FG with the same multiplayer server selected? 01 or 04, does this have to match?

Any help appreciated,
dave1978

Re: Not showing up on Openradar?

Postby wagnerw » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi Dave1978,
I have problems to understand your problem. But in general:

Have you checked the Guide to OR already? It explains the settings and different scenarios... http://wiki.flightgear.org/OpenRadarGuide

Maybe you find your issue there, if not, please tell us the ports you use for MP in flightgear and OR.
The client side ports (your FGFS and ORports) must be different from each other.
You can use the same MP server as well as different MP servers. This does not matter.
You have to use different callsigns, otherwise the later starting application will not get any data from the MP server.
Do not use a callsign starting with "OBS". This will hide you on the maps and in MP mode.

You have enabled MP in flightgear right?

Sorry for all the questions. As I said, I did not understand your issue.

Wolfram
wagnerw

Callsign: D-W794

Postby dave1978 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:17 pm

OK, that appears to have been the issue, the call sign. So the callsign in OR top right corner doesnt show on the display. I have to use a different callsign in FG and the FG callsign shows on the radar display.

thanks
dave1978

Postby wagnerw » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:12 am

Ok, fine. Yes. The callsigns are used to identify a multiplayer client at the multiplayer server. If you use the same name for multiple clients, only one gets the multiplayer data from other players.
Have a nice day. Wolfram
wagnerw

Callsign: D-W794

Return to OpenRadar