Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

Suggestion

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

Suggestion

Postby morlanius » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi,
I'm quite new to all this and I'm learning as I go. Yet I do have a few things that would be fantastic if were added. I agree with another post here that the SID/STAR thing needs sorting out its over complicated to sit and write pages of XML. Here are a few of my ideas anyway;

Markers/Dobs that can be placed on the screen and is relative to the aircraft you used to create it (ctrl click or something) to help when vectoring people to a location. The numbers on the marker should keep the heading TO that marker from the relative aircraft. When you make the aircraft not under your control/flight pan closed or offline they should vanish.

A vector extender, perhaps just holding the shift key, you select an aircraft and put your mouse somewhere, hold shift and the vector of the aircraft extends to the distance of the mouse pointer (not AT it just to its distance)

As the database server if offline would it be possible to put some of the airport data folders on a FTP somewhere so we can plug them in? I'm kinda stuck, I didn't realise the server would go down and hadn't installed all the airports I wanted yet. (If anyone has EGLL or for EDPH please contact me in the mean time, thanks).

Thanks,
Morlanius
morlanius

Return to OpenRadar