Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

ATC's with Mumble

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

ATC's with Mumble

Postby KL-666 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi ATC's with Mumble,

Please start a room in mumble when you startup OpenRadar. If i do not see you on Mumble i am not very inclined to fly 500 miles towards you, only to find out that i have to text with you.

Kind regards, Vincent
KL-666

Re: ATC's with Mumble

Postby mickybadia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi all,
...unless a session is posted on http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/ and indicates an FGCOM frequency, surely.
As an ATC, I personally open Mumble on request for non-FGCOM users, provided I feel it will not interfeer with current use of radio and traffic, as comms are lost between the two systems.
Micky.
mickybadia

Postby sanhozay » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:03 pm

It would be a nice addition to OpenRadar to have an alternate icon that indicates whether voice ATC is available, just as we can mark a pilot as voice capable within the flight strip.
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby wagnerw » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:22 pm

MP map could display alternative icons if I would register as a different model, depending on which comm is supported.
This is possible. OR knows if FGCOM is enabled, and in the next version there is a checkbox to indicate that there is an alternative (mumble).
If this is really important, I can change this, but all MPMap servers need to be updated, after the server maps the new models to new icons.

Model Proposals:
"OpenRadar" old clients (unknown)
"OpenRadar_NA" no voice support
"OpenRadar_FGCOM" fgcom voice support
"OpenRadar_MUMBLE" mumble voice support
wagnerw

Callsign: D-W794

Postby KL-666 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:35 pm

Solutions in mpmap would be great. Actually i can add a proposal to it. As a pilot i would like to be able to signal that i walked away for a while, so people do not get angry when i do not answer chat.

But for now i just thought of a simple solution, that i can see the atc's room in Mumble.

Kind regards, Vincent
KL-666

Postby wagnerw » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:53 pm

There is the proposal to add "auto replies" to OR. For instance, for the case that you are away... Or do you mean to indicate AFK in MPMap too?

If you would add those model => icon mappings to mpmap, I can add the model change to the next OR update, that I am preparing. I can wait a few days :-)

Wolfram
wagnerw

Postby KL-666 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:20 pm

My last proposal about being away is for pilots, so that can not have to do anything with OR. I can not run open radar just to leave a message behind while i am flying. For that i actually now use Mumble. There i can leave a message "Went to dinner". But it would be nicer if it was more broad like in mpmap.

Solutions for knowing comms of atc and other (pilots) messages may not be related, or they may have some overlap. So i think they should be considered together at the moment of conception, as to not exclude possibilities by jumping quickly into one solution for the one end of things.

The things we are talking about are thus:
- Atc's communicating their comms at long distance
- Pilots (or atc's) communicating them being away
- And maybe something else someone thinks of

Considering the last dash, maybe the best solution is just some free text to indicate something/anything in mpmap.

Btw, i hope i did not suggest that i maintain mpmap, because i do not.

Kind regards, Vincent
KL-666

Postby wagnerw » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:23 am

Hi Vincent,
So I got you completely wrong... maybe because this is the OR forum :-)

Anyway. Have a nice day...
Wolfram
wagnerw

Postby KL-666 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Sorry for causing any confusion by forum choice. I wanted to reach atc's with the OP and i think atc's have a 100% overlap with OpenRadar users.

Kind regards, Vincent
KL-666

Return to OpenRadar