Board index FlightGear Release candidates 2.8

Bug reports for 2.8.0

This is the archive of topics about the 2.8 release candidates.

Bug reports for 2.8.0

Postby CLQ » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:20 am

(I posted the following somewhere else. It is kind of confusing trying to find a place where to post your question. Just tell me where to post if this is the wrong spot)

RC4 still has the same bugs as the release before:
1. The joystick xml file for my particular brand does not work at all, the view is rotating like crazy and does not respond to any input.
2. Some aircrafts only respond either sluggishly or sometimes not at all to input and thrust and other controls are constantly changing by themselves.
3. Terrasync does not work at all. I can't refresh scenery and get new airports loaded.
4. The helicopters don't work. The controls are so sensitive, just by touching the joystick without even moving it the aircraft crashes instantly.
I uninstalled and reinstalled FG many times, using both methods for the "force 32-bit install on 64 bit machines" option.

Maybe someone can report these bugs. The only link to a bug report takes me to my gmail login; I guess to access or download some kind of program (that I have to learn) and I don't have the patience to do so now. I am reverting back to 2.6.0.
CLQ

Re: Bug reports for 2.8.0

Postby Omega » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:01 am

1. What joystick do you have?
2. What aircrafts are having these issues?
3. What is the output on the console/black window when you are downloading scenery using terrasync?
4. http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Fly_a_helicopter
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega
Version: GIT

Postby Gijs » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:37 pm

1, 2 and 4 are most likely related. Looks as if FlightGear does not recognise your joystick (correctly).
Could you post a screenshot of the Help > Joystick Information dialog? That will tell us whether the joystick is detected (at all) and what configuration it is using.

Do you have the same joystick issues in 2.6.0?
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby CLQ » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:04 am

I have a Cyborg-X joystick. The file that comes with 2.8.0 for this one does not work.
The problem with the helicopter is the same no matter what joystick definition I use, must be a bug in the program that the controls are oversensitive.
The aircraft that had this issue was Boeing 787-8, the version I got somewhere from the wiki site and that has better cockpit instruments like weather radar.
When I try the terrasync the console window does not show anything.
Now I have a new problem.
I just installed the release v2.8.0.5 and when I put a checkmark in the Terrasync box next to the port 5505 field I get an error window "TerraSync directory not set". However, I do have the correct terrasync directory specified on the "select paths"-page. I tried to set this up so many times but it just does not work. So no more terrasync or what?
CLQ

Postby Hooray » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:41 pm

CLQ wrote in Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:04 am:The problem with the helicopter is the same no matter what joystick definition I use, must be a bug in the program that the controls are oversensitive.

Given that hundreds of other users here are not seeing this particular problem, Gijs is probably still right: this must be related to improperly set up input perpipherals - it would make sense to disconnect all yokes/joysticks and pedals and see if the problem persists. Try the ufo for a change, or maybe a simple plane - flying a helicopter just with a mouse is possible but requires some good experience and skills.
Note that yoke/joystick sensitivity are usually controlled externally, via some control panel applet - where you can adjust how sensitive you want the control to be.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby mr_no » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:22 pm

4. Helicopter throttle is inverted from that one of airplane. Before starting engine set throttle to "airplane max". To add power move it back to "airplane min".
Mosquito-XE JT-5B-autogyro Extra-300s STOL-Ch701
mr_no

Return to 2.8