Board index FlightGear Development Documentation

Multiplay Diagram

Discussion of the FlightGear documentation, how it can be improved and coordination of people working on it.

Multiplay Diagram

Postby Nathalie » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:19 am

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to development and would like to understand how the multiplay mode works, exchange protocols etc. I've already been to the "Multiplayer Protocol" , "How to set up a Multiplayer Server" wiki page, and the FG and FGMS source codes. What I'm looking for are diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, class diagrams to help me understand the overall functioning of the programs.

Thanks in advance :)
Nathalie

Re: Multiplay Diagram

Postby AndersG » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:14 am

I think that sort of documents weren't used in FG development at the time that code was done (and I'm not convinced that they now, either). Read the source code!
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby PlayeRom » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:35 am

Maybe this one https://fgms.freeflightsim.org/ You have there diagrams https://fgms.freeflightsim.org/overview.html and classes docs. But you have to accept invalid certificate.
My SP-ROM YT channel
PlayeRom

Callsign: SP-ROM

Postby TheEagle » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:50 pm

Yep, but those invalid certificates are completely harmless - at least in this case ! Just tried it.
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Return to Documentation