Board index FlightGear Development Documentation

Update to the spanish C172P page

Discussion of the FlightGear documentation, how it can be improved and coordination of people working on it.

Update to the spanish C172P page

Postby pablc » Sat May 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi there, I have been using FG for many years and I feel it is about time that I start contributing back :)

For an easy start, I would like to review the Spanish translation of the Cessna 172P. This is listed in the Translation Requests page as incomplete. Also, the English page had a good number of updates after the last change to the Spanish page back in 2017.

I am completely new to the FG project from the point of view of contributing. So, I have a few questions before I start making changes the wrong way and someone shouts back at me!

• Generally speaking, should I contact someone/post somewhere when I intend to review and change a Wiki page?
  • The Translation Requests page shows the C172P translation as incomplete. Shall I just update the progress bar once I finished, or are these progress bars updated by more seasoned contributors?
  • Is there some sort of docs review needed before publishing changes?

I read the Volunteer and the Translate pages and I haven't noticed anything obvious.

Thanks!
pablc

Re: Update to the spanish C172P page

Postby wlbragg » Sat May 16, 2020 5:36 pm

My understanding is for the wiki you can just dive right in. We appreciate your help. Since 2017 there were many of them. So it would be nice to see the Spanish page updated. As far as the "progress bar", I think that is manually adjusted as well.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Catalanoic » Sat May 16, 2020 11:26 pm

FG wiki pages works similar like Wikipedia does, everyone can edit, so, you're welcome to improve, translations, new content, etc. You can edit that page if you feel it outdated from english or the original page. If its completed you can set the bar manually, just look at the code of finished ones on Translation Requests. My plan is to finish the spanish and catalan translation requests, but with more help we can have it before.
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby pablc » Wed May 20, 2020 8:41 pm

Done! It didn't need a lot of changes after all.

I noticed the bar on the right has a couple of mistranslated fields. I would translate "Supports" as "Soporta" (now it's "Apoya") and "Forum" as "Foro". However, it cannot be translated from the page itself, but it looks like some sort of template called "infobox" that applies to all the airplane pages. Anyone knows how can I translate these, or where to start looking at? EDIT: NVM found it! I modified the Template:Infobox page.
pablc

Return to Documentation