Board index FlightGear Development Documentation

wiki's quality standards

Discussion of the FlightGear documentation, how it can be improved and coordination of people working on it.

wiki's quality standards

Postby jomo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:14 am

I always thought somebody (other than me poor guy) would clean-up WIKI-articels that show in top line:
" This article may require cleanup to meet the wiki's quality standards."

I wrote several of them myself - but have no idea what to look for in such a case. I know I sometimes use "HTML" codes (mostly in big Lists with "<ol> because the "#" numbering in complex list-structurs (containing many "*" and ":" and "pre" etc. often gets confused and forgets the last number used! - but I think that is allowed!

Is there something written somewhere that gives a clue to what the whoever/whatever testes is looking for? If that is a book with 500 pages I guess I do not want to know and leave as is. Otherwise:

Could that writing be referenced in that "Warning text"??
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Re: wiki's quality standards

Postby Hooray » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:25 am

I suggest to move the discussion over to the wiki's "wiki portal" - templates can be easily parametrized and improved - but obviously, we need people who are interested in helping with such chores :D

Basically, it works like this:

{{Template|Argument}}

As in:

{{Template|Warning_or_Reason}}
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Re: wiki's quality standards

Postby Johan G » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:31 pm

There is a slight need to unify and improve the various maintenance templates (and other ones as well). I have been thinking of this for some time now. Please head over to the wiki's Village pump to discuss this further! Now! :wink: :D

EDIT: A list of the message box templates, which includes many of the maintenance templates, have been put together in Help:List of message box templates and some ideas about the maintenance templates have been cobbled together in User:Johan G/Unification and improvement of maintenance templates. There is a lot of room for improvement, so to speak (both related to the templates themselves and that page). :wink:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Return to Documentation