Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

MapStructure issues ?

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

MapStructure issues ?

Postby Hooray » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Apparently, there's been talk on the devel list about some MapStructure related bugs seemingly blocking the release - I am not sure if there's anyone around on the devel list to actually fix those ?
But since the framework was primarily created/developed and maintained on the forum, this might be a better place to discuss any potential issues ?
Again, I don't even know what the problem is - I only see "MapStructure bugs" mentioned, without any pointers/links to provide details.

Could someone sum up things ? Concrete examples, test case, error messages ?

I am asking, because I was under the impression that MapStructure hasn't been touched in quite a while (years?) - so, any "bugs" would seem to be regressions in other parts of FlightGear, unless they're not - in which case, it'd be good to understand what this is all about ?

For the record, I also haven't touched any MapStructure code in years, but I was originally involved in its conception/creation, and probably wrote most of the wiki documentation about it.
But again, I'd need a really straightforward test case, examples and error messages to understand the problem - I am not going to fire up FlightGear to fly some airliner for 2hrs to repro a certain problem that may or may not occur, when flying a certain approach.

Also, if the issue is route manager related, it'd just as well be due to NaviGraph data, which is something that none of the people involved in the creation of the MapStructure framework had access to at the time. In which case, I'd at most be able to work someone through the process of troubleshooting this, ideally someone with a background in Nasal/Canvas obviously.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Return to Canvas