Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

Aircraft-specific dialogs

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

Re: Aircraft-specific dialogs

Postby Thorsten » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:44 pm

we will see if/when you share a link to the corresponding code, maybe you are already using this - I don't know ...

I generally would prefer a discussion along the lines of 'your code uses X to solve the problem, but this can also be done using Y which offers the advantage' - I generally try to understand your comments assuming you have looked into the code you comment on and end up being royally confused if I can't work out the connection between my code and what you write.
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:09 pm

sorry about that, I didn't look at any of your code. Probably because you didn't post any code snippets/links in a while ;-)

not being familiar with the shuttle, I assume that I have to track the commits logs, or is it somewhere else ?

EDIT: Is this what I need to look at ?
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Hooray » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:01 pm

FWIW, Stuart is currently in the process of implementing dedicated SVG based Canvas "widgets" as part of his FG1000 MFD effort, e.g. see:

https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fg ... a05b8f9c0/
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Thorsten » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Here's the 'photo-realistic' branch of dialogs - the OMS propellant flow diagram is now also implemented as a canvas dialog.

Thorsten

Previous

Return to Canvas