Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

Canvas G1000

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

Re: Canvas G1000

Postby Michat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Hooray:

Right now, it's 1024 x 768 (texture size) and the embedded screen is width : 1407, height : 918

Are you sure?, it seems dimension for the embedded screen is bigger than 1024x768 texture size.

Please, can you confirm it?

Michat

Version: 191b

Postby stuart » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi Michat,

It _should_ be 1024x768. If it's larger, then thats an error by me :)

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby Hooray » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 pm

I only looked at the code to come up with those numbers, and haven't been following the commits much - so, if in doubt, refer to Stuart's data.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby www2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:19 am

I can combine the PFD of ZKV1000 and Farmin FG1000
www2

Postby stuart » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi www2,

That would be wonderful!

If you have a look at the MFD you can see how I've structured things, how the FG1000 communicates with the Nav data and how the buttons need to connect.

Let me know if you have any questions - email is probably best, but this forum is OK as well.

Thanks,

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Postby Hooray » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Please do coordinate this with Michat first, who's obviously already been quite a bit of work related to this to avoid duplicate/unnecessary efforts.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby www2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi stuart.

First the PFD that is in ZKV1000 is a fork of my work.
Current i do only artwork for this and if i done i send to with some code to you for some of the instrument that i have found out with my refirst engineering for a complete implementation in flight gear.
And i have also done 3d art work for the screens (current only GDU-104X series and GDU-1500) and radio panel (GMA-1347 and GMA-1347D) include some finical models/options as com3 (disable on load).
textures of this are 4K raw (Gimp contaner) and 1024 or smaller multiple of 2 for flightgear
www2

Postby stuart » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:40 pm

Good point Hooray. www2 - it would be good to coordinate with Michat (see above) on the PFD graphics themselves if that's what you were planning to work on, as he's spent some time on this already. I think he was starting from nothing, so if you've already got a full set of SVG files for the PFD that may save him a lot of work.

3d models for the screens and the radio panels would be very welcome.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Postby www2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 am

stuart

I say that my pdf template is for 50-70% finish i plan to send you if i have cleanup and add some more widgets that is around to 80% complete.
For the 3d models i send you the models for 1040x and GMA-1347/GMA-1347D. (blender,ac,png and gimp files).

And for fun here a list for the XM radio station (mostly i use names from GTA radiostations with some reverent to some movies)

Code: Select all
Formats = [
    "Preview",                                              # 0
    "Pop/hits",                                             # 1
    "Rock",                                                 # 2
    "Hip hop/R&B",                                          # 3
    "Dance/Electronica",                                    # 4
    "Country",                                              # 5
    "Christian",                                            # 6
    "Jazz/Blues/Standards",                                 # 7
    "Classical",                                            # 8
    "Family and health",                                    # 9
    "Sports",                                               # 10
    "Comedy",                                               # 11
    "Entertainment",                                        # 12
    "Talk, news, and public radio",                         # 13
    "Religion",                                             # 14
    "Traffic/weather",                                      # 15
    "Latin (Spanish), French, Canadian, and international"  # 16
];
Chanels = [
  #format {"name",format}
  ["Perview",0],
  ["Lips 106",1],
  ["Flash FM",1],
  ["Head Radio",1],
  ['Wave 103',1],
  ["Vice City FM",1],
  ["Non-Stop-Pop FM",1],
  ["V-Rock",2],
  ["K-DST",2],
  ["Radio X",2],
  ["Radio Broker",2],
  ["Liberty Rock Radio",2],
  ["Los Santos Rock Radio",2],
  ["Game FM",3],
  ["The Beat 102.7",3],
  ["Radio Los Santos",3],
  ["Flashback 95.6",4],
  ["Electro-Choc",4],
  ["K109 The Studio",4],
  ["Soulwax FM",4],
  ["K Rose",5],
  ["Backwards music Radion",6],
  ["Fusion FM",7],
  ["Jazz Nation Radio 108.5",7],
  ["Double Clef FM",8],
  ["Nurse Bob Radio",9],
  ["The Tight End Zone Sports Radio",10],
  ["Split Sides",11],
  ["Vinewood FM",12],
  ["Chatterbox FM",13],
  ["KCHAT",13],
  ["VCPR",13],
  ["WCTR",13],
  ["LCFR",13],
  ["WKTT We Know The Truth",13],
  ["Public Liberty Radio",13],
  ["Integrity 2.0",13],
  ["Blaine County Talk Radio",13],
  ["Epsilon program Radio",14],
  ["KICA Trafic Report",15],
  ["ISC Weather reports",15],
  ["Radio Espantoso",16],
  ["San Juan Sounds",16],
  ["Vladivostok FM",16],
  ["RamJam FM",16],
  ["East Los FM",16],
  ["BTN World",16]
];
www2

Postby Michat » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Howdy guys.

It was really too late at night that I was working hard in this project, when I read WW2 posts formulating legitima PRO-VOCATIO in the classic shape but form.
As a analogy,I'll could say: like an elephant into Bazar. (A380@17CL)

As directly involved. I want to express my consideration and respect for the original creator of the PFD kv1000. File that was pointed to me as a reference, but I went beyond. This file has been declared by the Pro-vocator as derivative of his work.

So, in front of you FG'ers assisting to this post. I request to know what is exactly the part of the PFD which has been created by WW2 . I request this in order to clarify this situation.
As I said above the PFD file was pointed to me as a reference, but I went beyond remaking the bug indicator which lacked of arc coherency over HSI (o o o o o o ) disk.
Knowing exactly who is the author of that element is important because I want to share my enhancement to the original author, then the other derivatives too. I have to admit that I don't know what a derivative is. Finally what I did with this file is to improved as it is.

I have to say that my original work is based on my own reverse engineering against Yiutubee real life videos. Nothing to do with kv1000 work. Enough is to reverse engineering from tube and have to reverse PDF from other. So I decided to do my own. Translating scales of 2 models into 1 wasn't a good solution.

Closing my declaration I want to express my desire to help, my disappointment having seen that there are several monkeys doing the same things. Puzzled by the provo. But positive. I declared that if you ww2, if you have enough material experience and work done for this purpose, go ahead. It seems you even know how the stack is called. Perhaps you have one at home, maybe you are programmer, designer or even engineer, seems GTAre. The ball at your court, no player in front of you, do the touch down. Don't wanna tell you how much % I have complete. Hold the pressure, not from me.

This is my answer. G1000 will go ahead, I could say that I did help for that, but I don't want credit. To make FG great is our goal.

I'll take a break cause I have serious back arm neck wrist pain chain today.

SFO is DAkine ¡
Michat

Postby Hooray » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't think there is any problematic situation here at all - there's just the suggestion to get in touch so that you two can work out a way to collaborate and hopefully help Stuart with creating the required artwork for the FG1000
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby www2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 pm

@Michat
This is the work that i have done before i stop with farmin[1].
And the work is base on a old version of G1000 training sim that i have and official Garmin documentation that i have download.

[1] https://github.com/www2000/Farmin/tree/ ... /Pages/PFD
www2

Postby Michat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:38 am

@Hooray. Maybe you are right. I'm little bit tired.

@ww2 thank for your response. It seems I'm repeating same job you did 3 years ago. Sorry that we spill resources.

For your information I can provide you GOaround magenta bug if you already don't have it, as I see in your designs, I believe so.. A new bug indicator with arc coherency over HSI disk. Resized arrow pointers for the NAVs needles. I have created also radar tcas range symbols, little scud shape pointer (arrows) indicators, best speed indicators tags, some electric symbols.

Two questions for you.

Can you tell me the reason you unit together 2 vertical scales signs | | | | | | on a couple seed | | ? took me horror time to decode the entire scale with that paired elements. Get in me into the next following:

When you design instruments in vectorial do you use mm or pixels?

You did a good job. Sorry not to know it before.

SFO is Dakine
Michat

Postby www2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:46 am

@Michat I use pixels.
what do you mean with signs | | | | | | on a couple seed | |?
If you mean the differences between speed and alt that is base on screen shots that i have from g1000.
www2

Postby Michat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:42 am

@ww2 I mean those little lines marking the scale i.e speed column marks that I've notice that you use as combination or union of two indivisible elements into one symbol. My curiosity, if there is an special logic or practical reason to do it in that way ? I got pretty puzzled with the determinism of that binary cluster internal relation over my unit space Shift + cursor arrows 20pix displacement, do you use custom displacement distances in order to duplicate and move those elements exactly in the right position in the quickest way method ?
Just interested in that matter. Not a critic to your good job.
Sometimes I wonder if is not easier for us to do this kind of work with CAD than in Inskcape. Any opinion about it ?

Thanks
Michat

PreviousNext

Return to Canvas