Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

Update semantics for non-stationary MS layers

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

Update semantics for non-stationary MS layers

Postby Hooray » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:43 pm

@Philosopher: I was going to add two base classes to better establish the separation here, but I couldn't find where & how we're meanwhile updating such layers - then I found/remembered the stuff in aircraftposition.controller - and I believe that -at least for now- the WXR layer should also be added there (update_quickly) :?:

After 3.2, I am probably going to come up with two interface classes and a "make"-generator that determines how regularly searchCmd() is invoked absent any update "events".

Personally, I'd like to encode such things as part of the lcontroller file - either by inheriting from a corresponding class, or for starters, just by calling a MapStructure function to add __self__/name to the update_quickly vector. That way, we don't have to maintain the docs in terms of how many files need to be updated to add a new layer. I assume that RevHardt is going to face a similar issue shortly...
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Re: Update semantics for non-stationary MS layers

Postby Hooray » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:48 pm

and we should probably use .setScale(0.2) on the NDB SVG file, too - it's way off scale currently. We may need to do that directly, because you said styling & SVG do not currently mix too well, also WRT caching.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Return to Canvas