Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

Nasal Browser :)  Topic is solved

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

Re: Nasal Browser :)

Postby Alant » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:32 am

Can we get back to my question?

I would like to get it into the main debug menu, as it has a place there alongside the property browser.

Is there a more recent version?

Philosopher - do you have any objections to me putting this to the devel list for inclusion in fgdata?

Hopefully the gui improvements mentioned earlier in the thread are not lost. The initial gui works but is very different to the property browser or any other gui that we have. The "drag" proces is hard work when when you want to get from one end of the tree to the other. Having a scroll bar and using ".." or similar for going back up the tree is my instinctive preference. To put it another way - what is needed is a fast way to navigate the list of variables.

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Re: Nasal Browser :)

Postby Hooray » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Not sure if he's currently around, but Philosopher's contributions are generally all GPL'ed - he's contributed quite a bit of stuff that ended up in fgdata anyway, and he's been sharing all his work under the GPL, including the Nasal REPL interpreter. As a matter of fact, there's tons of other useful stuff in various repositories that never made it back into fgdata unfortunately.

I don't think this has been updated in any way.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Previous

Return to Canvas