Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

Canvas not showing on model

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

Canvas not showing on model

Postby omega95 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Hey,

I just got my new laptop and set up FlightGear from git. I'm using the ATR 72-500(C) I was working on a while back and for some reason, the canvas doesn't show on the model! :shock: The canvas properties exist and they're right but the placement simply doesn't work. What major changes have you guys made to the canvas system over the last few weeks? And how can I fix this?

Cheers!
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Re: Canvas not showing on model

Postby TheTom » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Are you also using fgdata from git? Placements haven't been changed, but setting colors has (internally not for the API). So if you have four properties for each color instead of one it won't be correctly recognized. If you are using the latest API files included with fgdata from git, there shouldn't be any problems.
TheTom

Re: Canvas not showing on model

Postby omega95 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am

TheTom wrote in Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:47 pm:Are you also using fgdata from git? Placements haven't been changed, but setting colors has (internally not for the API). So if you have four properties for each color instead of one it won't be correctly recognized. If you are using the latest API files included with fgdata from git, there shouldn't be any problems.

Ahh, that's probably the issue... I'm using an older version of fgdata. I'll update my git now.

Cheers! :D
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Return to Canvas