Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

Airbus Navigation Display

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

Re: Airbus Navigation Display

Postby artix » Sun May 31, 2015 7:59 am

Here's the diff file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15249391/fgdata_airbus_nd.diff

Hooray wrote in Sat May 30, 2015 9:43 pm:could you put up a diff/patch with all changes so that we can take a look and help peer-review everything (it seems Gijs and most others are currently n/a, so I guess Philosopher will appreciate some more feedback before this gets committed)
artix

Postby artix » Sun May 31, 2015 8:02 am

How do I make a merge request on Sourceforge?

Philosopher wrote in Sat May 30, 2015 8:49 pm:I think I can work with a merge request. I got commit access again :) Thanks
artix

Postby Hooray » Sun May 31, 2015 10:50 am

thank you, the diff is looking pretty good - like I said previously, once this is committed, I suggest to revisit styling, and especially caching, which can both be supported using a helper framework Philosopher implemented - right now, some layers may be unnecessarily inefficient due to the way this is handled, which should however only show up on layers with many "drawables" (symbols) - caching would pay off primarily when using many instanced symbols (possibly with different styling/colors).
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:38 pm

This is in FGDATA now, correct?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next