Board index FlightGear Development Weather

Rain on the windshield

Everything related to weather simulation, visuals should be discussed in the shader subforum.

Rain on the windshield

Postby llsouder » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:19 am

I increased the shaders levels and now instead of seeing the rain, I see it hit the windshield, which is super cool. I have some questions.
One, how do I get the rain back so I can see it falling?
Two, since most of my flightgear usage will be without an aircraft model, how could I still get the windshield effect without a wind shield. In other words, what is the rendering basing the rain effect on? Is there a "windshield" model which cause the effect to render or some other magic?
Could I/Should I make a simple model which has just a windshield?
llsouder

Re: Rain on the windshield

Postby Thorsten » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:31 am

One, how do I get the rain back so I can see it falling?

-> wait for the next version, it's a bug of the current one

Two, since most of my flightgear usage will be without an aircraft model, how could I still get the windshield effect without a wind shield. In other words, what is the rendering basing the rain effect on?

Effects/glass.eff

Is there a "windshield" model which cause the effect to render or some other magic?

The effect (like all) need to be applied to a surface and I'd strongly suggest to make it a transparent surface ;-) Some documentation what it can do and how to configure it.

But yes, you can just place a quad into your field of view and render all effects onto that. Or a hemispherical shell.
Thorsten

Re: Rain on the windshield

Postby Molsi723 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:17 pm

llsouder wrote in Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:19 am:I increased the shaders levels and now instead of seeing the rain, I see it hit the windshield, which is super cool. I have some questions.

Two, since most of my flightgear usage will be without an aircraft model, how could I still get the windshield effect without a wind shield. In other words, what is the rendering basing the rain effect on? Is there a phenq uk reviews model which cause the effect to render or some other magic?
Could I/Should I make a simple model which has just a windshield?

llsouder wrote in Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:19 am:One, how do I get the rain back so I can see it falling?

i think it is a bug in current version.. Hope next update will solve this issue.
Molsi723

Return to Weather