Board index FlightGear Release candidates

3.7 Detailed Wxr bug

Release candidate testers are encouraged to post their feedback here. Please read the introduction topic for details.
Forum rules
Please read the introduction topic for details.

3.7 Detailed Wxr bug

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi, everyone.
Just a little report.
I was flying in my A320 today, SVMI-SPIM, and with Detailed Weather off, 3d clouds continued to show up, after clicking apply on the weather dialog, which promptly closed the dialog. 3d clouds were off.
I'm not sure whether a new metar destroyed the clouds, or crossing over the scenery ending boundary (I had not installed the scenery after a point, and it was just ocean).
Any ideas?
My 3.7 is Tuesdays, my data is todays.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Re: 3.7 Detailed Wxr bug

Postby Thorsten » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:47 am

After reading this three times, I'm not sure

a) why you call something odd a detailed weather bug when you say detailed weather was off
b) what was odd (both weather engines can create 3d clouds, so having a weather engine off doesn't imply you shouldn't have weather or clouds)
c) what you expected to see instead.
Thorsten

Re: 3.7 Detailed Wxr bug

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Good morning, Thorsten
a.What actually happened was that the big, fluffy, beautiful, clouds continued to be visible when Detailed, Local, or Advanced, whichever you prefer, was turned off, using the basic weather button and apply. 3D clouds were off under View: Rendering. However, Visibility was Basic Weather visibility, without the haze and stuff which make Local Weather so nice.
b.See above.
c. http://screenshots.ubuntu.com/thumbnail ... ar/ignored
What I did expect to see was the "flat" clouds, which are generated by the default weather engine, such as in this picture.
I'm sorry, you will have to open the link. They are neither big and fluffy. They are quite low in performance use (not that detailed weather uses much; I guess we have you to thank?)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Return to Release candidates