Board index FlightGear Release candidates

Please test the 3.6 RC

Release candidate testers are encouraged to post their feedback here. Please read the introduction topic for details.
Forum rules
Please read the introduction topic for details.

Re: Please test the 3.6 RC

Postby Raider1 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:37 am

Interestingly, this was mentioned last night. However, my keyboard requires that alt be pressed with F3 because the button also serves to increase screen brightness.
Raider1
(Alternate call-signs: Raid-1, Raid-2)

Member of Operation Red Flag (OPRF)
http://opredflag.shivtr.com/
Raider1

Callsign: Raider1
Version: 2016

Postby Raider1 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:21 am

OK, I have been able to recreate it perfectly:

I am running two screens. On one, I keep map and skyvector, with the sim running in the other. If I click on my screen running skyvector and perform any task, when I return to FG, clicking on any particular feature creates a screenshot. The other strange thing is that my mouse pointer disappears and will not show on the screen, essentially making the sim impossible to play.

Since my last post less than an hour ago, FG has taken 32 screenshots during 15 or so minutes of time in sim. Does anyone have any ideas?

To clarify, it is the actual clicking of my mouse in the sim that is creating the screenshots.
Raider1
(Alternate call-signs: Raid-1, Raid-2)

Member of Operation Red Flag (OPRF)
http://opredflag.shivtr.com/
Raider1

Callsign: Raider1
Version: 2016

Postby Johan G » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:35 am

Just to rule out one possible cause, could you post your "$FG_ROOT/mice.xml" file between code tags like below (it holds the mouse bindings).

Code: Select all
[code]<?xml version="1.0"?>
The rest of the file's contents...[/code]
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby turtle » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:48 am

Am I the only one who is not able to get the installer running on Radeon graphics card? I tested on my GTX 780 and it install just fine. However, I changed my graphics card to an R9 Fury (Strix) and the installer never opens (constant loading mouse icon).

Specs:
Asus z97 Pro Gamer
Windows 10 64bit
Asus R9 Fury Strix
760W Power Supply
16 GB of RAM
i5 4690K
turtle

Postby Lydiot » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:20 am

I admit that I'm an idiot, but doesn't it seem like it at this point would be more valuable to test out 3.7 since 3.6 is "dead"?
Lydiot

Postby swampthing » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:27 am

Lydiot wrote in Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:20 am:I admit that I'm an idiot, but doesn't it seem like it at this point would be more valuable to test out 3.7 since 3.6 is "dead"?

3.7 last update bad, can't fly sad dad. ;)
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:19 pm

You might mean,
3.7 is so bad,
Cant fly, so sad
Your dad

I remember that one :)

No mon no fun your son so sad too bad your dad.

As for that, you did clear the cache files?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby swampthing » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:15 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:19 pm:You might mean,
3.7 is so bad,
Cant fly, so sad
Your dad

I remember that one :)

No mon no fun your son so sad too bad your dad.

As for that, you did clear the cache files?

I did a complete uninstall, deleted FG home apt-get purge, apt-get autoremove and reinstalled. I'm sure it will be fixed in the next update. I was just making a sad dad comment. I'm just along for the ride. I was using planes for 3.6 with no problems but it crashes with most planes I have tried after the last update. I was able to get the Long Easy to fly after I made that post. "Rocky Mountain High.....Colorado"....... When you ask if I cleared my cache files. What do you mean?
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm

your ~/.fgfs/ directory... there's cache files in it... there's also the ~/.config/FlightGear/ directory where the new Qt5 --launcher settings are stored... apt doesn't know anything about these... you have to clear them yourself...

NOTE: if you wipe ~/.fgfs and you've been using terrasync, you will lose your downloaded scenery as that's the default directory for terrasync to use... best to use a tool like mc (midnight commander) or dolphin (with "Control->show hidden files" enabled) to find and snoop these hidden areas...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby swampthing » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:09 am

wkitty42 wrote in Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm:your ~/.fgfs/ directory... there's cache files in it... there's also the ~/.config/FlightGear/ directory where the new Qt5 --launcher settings are stored... apt doesn't know anything about these... you have to clear them yourself...

NOTE: if you wipe ~/.fgfs and you've been using terrasync, you will lose your downloaded scenery as that's the default directory for terrasync to use... best to use a tool like mc (midnight commander) or dolphin (with "Control->show hidden files" enabled) to find and snoop these hidden areas...

Yeah thats how I deleted .fgfs, I didn't know about .config/flightgear/ directory having QT5 setting stored there. I'll try deleting that.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby swampthing » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 am

wkitty42 wrote in Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm:your ~/.fgfs/ directory... there's cache files in it... there's also the ~/.config/FlightGear/ directory where the new Qt5 --launcher settings are stored... apt doesn't know anything about these... you have to clear them yourself...

I tried that but it didn't fix anything. I'll just ride it out and see what happens in the next few update. Is there anything I should be looking for in the log files under .fgfs ?
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:51 pm

swampthing wrote in Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 am:I tried that but it didn't fix anything. I'll just ride it out and see what happens in the next few update.

i've lost track of what problem(s) you are seeing/having...

swampthing wrote in Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 am:Is there anything I should be looking for in the log files under .fgfs ?

no clue, yet...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Mike-G » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 am

Hi

I installed on 2 computers
1- HP Pavillion Desktop running Win10 / i5 / Nvidia 750 4GB
2- Asus G752VS Laptop Running Win10/ i7 / Nvidia 1070 8GB

No problems with install,
start up was a bit slow first time, but expected as no scenery database ( deleted all other Flightgear Installs to eliminate problems of cross reference )
connected with aircraft database no problems, downloaded 4 air craft on both machines (Slow) but no problems

run both computers loaded them with same setup (planes/airport/rendering options) no problems
both connected to multiplayer first time, set both of them at 10000ft same speed same course same plane (777) all ok
flew them around together side by side both visible in map and pilots list, both visible out of cockpit window,
BUT then some other players FR2916 and TP804 came in from the south at around 30000 ft heading NE , these planes showed up on FMC and Map but not on Pilots list ??
was going to ascend and follow to see if visible from cockpit but real life intervened so had to close down systems.
Mike-G

Callsign: Mike-G

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Terribly sorry:

This is 3.6: the latest RC can be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/flight ... candidate/
I reccomend you get 2017.3 instead of 3.6 if you want to test release candidates!

FR2916 and TP804 are AI traffic. AI stands for "Artificial Intelligence" which means it is computer driven.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Mike-G » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:33 pm

OK

sorry
Just gone back to the site with the Link above and it says 3.6 not found
Mike-G

Callsign: Mike-G

PreviousNext

Return to Release candidates