Board index FlightGear Release candidates

Please test the 3.6 RC

Release candidate testers are encouraged to post their feedback here. Please read the introduction topic for details.
Forum rules
Please read the introduction topic for details.

Re: Please test the 3.6 RC

Postby clrCoda » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Sorry, my bad, I started FGFS.exe in depend.exe on that last report. I have re-installed 3.6rc and have payed slightly better attention to what you asked me and indeed when running FGrun.exe in depend.exe there is an entry for intl.dll with a ? and the warning:
"Error opening file. The system can not find the file specified."

The FGsetup.log is here in my dropbox because it's 70thousand lines:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/onlj3xpnudxxfyq/FGSetup.log?dl=0

Is the system looking for a file called 'intl.dll' but is actually called libintl-8.dll?

Glad to be of assistance. You keep steering and I'll try to keep pushing. :)

Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby jsb » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:50 pm

FG 3.6.0. rc hangs when in multiplayer and a 777 is close to my position. Does not seem to depend on my aircraft, it hangs with CRJ700 and also ORCAM.
Unfortunately no msg on console and no crash(-report).
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB
Version: next

Postby elgaton » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:28 pm

@clrCoda: thanks for the setup log - I'll try to reproduce the bug on a clean VM having the same configuration as your system. (I think it might be a linking error related to the 32-bit version of FGRun, but I'll confirm this in a day or two, as soon as I have finished setting it up. If this is specific to the 32-bit version, that would explain why I wasn't getting any errors - all my systems are 64-bit).
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby clrCoda » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Thank you, elgaton, for your attention in this matter. Would be cool to see this problem exhausted. Been around a few versions. Be nice to put the bug reports to bed.

I await your results. Best of luck to you!

Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby clrCoda » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:59 pm

Torsten wrote in Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:37 pm:- does the aircraft catalog download?
Torsten

I would like to test this feature but I am a bit lost on where in the launcher to add the catalog URL and what that URL should be.

If someone knows that information and would please share it or point to it I would be in your debt.

Thanks in advance,
Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby Necolatis » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:00 am

Settings - Configure add-on aircraft and scenery - aircraft hangar locations - click the '+'

Enter: http://fgfs.goneabitbursar.com/official/catalog.xml
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby clrCoda » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:53 am

I'll have to assume that when you say 'aircraft hangar locations' you are referring to the second box called "Additional Aircraft Locations" which is what I thought ( think james actually told me once ) but I never knew the URL, and there seems to have been enough changes to the URL that it's a very confusing situation.

Thank you very much for answering and supplying the correct information.

Let's give'r a go! :)
Ray

POST TEST EDIT: The "+ add a location" asks for a file folder and doesn't allow the URL entry in the 3.6rc Qt5 Launch control. :(
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby clrCoda » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:59 am

Is it possible there is maybe something like a "--catalog=http://fgfs.goneabitbursar.com/official/catalog.xml" switch?
Ray

post edit: nope, on --catalog=
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby Necolatis » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:19 am

clrCoda wrote in Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:53 am:I'll have to assume that when you say 'aircraft hangar locations' you are referring to the second box called "Additional Aircraft Locations"

Nope. But I just noticed that the box I am talking about has been removed in 3.6RC, probably cause it was not ready.
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby clrCoda » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:04 am

I noticed that there is no way in the 3.6RC launcher to choose the different versions packaged with the release version of the C172P(detailed). Rather than give us the options of the past for the plane, like 2d panel and canvas demo, instead we only have the 3d version available to choose from the selection list.

I believe this to be an error. Possibly with the launcher, more than likely with the way the plane is defined to show it's options in the launcher.

There are other planes that show optional choices like the B1900D ( which I shared above as having a problem displaying it's text entry in the launcher by displaying one of it's versions text into the text of the plane above it) .

Thanks,
Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby clrCoda » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:41 am

The launcher won't allow me to select installed parking. I believe bugman has much more detail about this issue having to do with a cache.

thanks,
Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby bugman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:05 am

clrCoda wrote in Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:41 am:The launcher won't allow me to select installed parking. I believe bugman has much more detail about this issue having to do with a cache.

Yes, I investigated this. However it will require quite a redesign of the initialisation sequence to have dynamic airports available for the QtLauncher, so this is really not something that will make it into FG 3.6. The QtLauncher should be considered a work in progress, which is why FGRun is still shipping with FG.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby clrCoda » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:59 am

Roger that! :)

Okay, FG still comes with FGrun. I wasn't aware until you said that as Fgrun won't start because of the intl.dll problem above. Qt5 Launcher starts fine.

So basically FGrun no longer works in Windows 32 bit because of intl.dll and I didn't know because of the new launcher even tho I did a test for a guy above using FGrun.

Think I need a break :)
Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby Müller » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Twice and in different times, different dates of release, installed the RC 3.6 and it wasn't ' happy ', it was not possible to download the scenario and, therefore, my scenario was KSFO and the aircraft would be the defaults. I know it can be used command lines to the scenario and aircraft, but I'm a Windows user and therefore do not like to use these command lines, I prefer the OS do it for me. I think I'm lazy. :P
I will continue using the 3.4.1 version that works well in my computer settings, windows 10, etc..
I7-8700k - MSi Z370 Plus Sli - Galax RTX 2070 - G.Skill 16gb 3000mhz - SSD MX 500 -500gb, Hd 1tb Seagate, HD 2tb Wd - WC Corsair H100iv2 - Corsair RM 650 - Monitor 24'' Asus - Gab.Aerocool 800
Müller

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:00 pm

I suppose you know that you can still use FGRUN for 3.6.?
Though, apparently it is broken on Win32. Works PERFECT on Win64.

You know, could FGRUN come as an option in the installer?
Like, if you want FGRUN, select yes at the same time you configure openAL and all that in the installer.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

PreviousNext

Return to Release candidates