Board index FlightGear Release candidates

FG3.7

Release candidate testers are encouraged to post their feedback here. Please read the introduction topic for details.
Forum rules
Please read the introduction topic for details.

FG3.7

Postby ctesc356 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:32 am

Hello,
I see some problems with Fg3.7

- Airports are no longer displayed on the map

- B777: departure airport is not filled at the opening of Route Manager
Can not enter the departure and arrival runways
Can not enter SID, STAR, APPROACH

- Other Aircraft: Still on the RM, reversing starting runways at some airports (LFBT 02-20)
ctesc356

Re: FG3.7

Postby Thorsten » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:03 am

Please note that 3.7 is the (possibly unstable) current development version. If you intend to give feedback for a release candidate as the choice of the subforum suggests, version 3.6 is what you're looking for.
Thorsten

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:35 pm

So development on 3.7 goes on as 3.6 is debugged?! How cool! I use it, and I dont see anything besides the 777 not liking you pressing DIRTO (latest by Hyde who works on FGMEMBERS) and that I haven't had a crash for two months (fg not plane) kind of miss them
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby ctesc356 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 am

Thorsten wrote in Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:03 am:Please note that 3.7 is the (possibly unstable) current development version. If you intend to give feedback for a release candidate as the choice of the subforum suggests, version 3.6 is what you're looking for.

Sorry, I am aware that 3.7 may be unstable.
I just wanted to share my findings.
What would be the appropriate place?
ctesc356

Postby Johan G » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:39 pm

ctesc356 wrote in Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 am:I just wanted to share my findings.
What would be the appropriate place?

One of the better way would be to briefly discuss it here, more or less to 1) make sure it is not a very simple user error, and to 2) see if others have it, and then go on to report it on the bug tracker. But it is not really all that necessary to discuss it here.

The right place to report bugs in FlightGear itself (in essence not aircraft) is the bug tracker at SourceForge.

It is worth keeping in mind that only a few of the developers ever look in here, so they would be pretty much oblivious to things discussed on these forums. :wink:

Last but not least a few points:
  • Be as specific as possible.
  • Bugs that you can bring out every time, the developers can probably bring out every time, and such bugs are much easier for them to fix.
  • If you find ways to fix the bugs the developers would most probably be delighted.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby I-NEMO » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:04 am

Hallo,

Is this the right place to report a crash with 3.7?

I've installed FG 3.7 Nightly Full (Windows), installing FGdata from Sourceforge (Launching it from FGRun; FG Launcher crashes immediately after hitting "run"). Also, Airports.txt has been updated with the 'index.txt' from FG 3.7 in $FG_ROOT/Scenery/Airports.
Donloaded 777 Seattle (full package) from Sourceforge.
Route: LIME-DESIP-SRN-IXORA-ARLES-PUNSA-SANET-MOLUS-ISW17-LSGG
I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64, 32 Mb Ram, NVidia GeForce 650 TI with latest driver.

While test-flying from LIME to LSGG (FrameRate=48 from Cockpit, 60 from External), FG crashes and closes always at the same spot (apprx. approaching LSGG, around LSTA); it happened 4 times, with Full Effects, Medium Effects, Basic Effects, Basic-Live Weather and Detailed-Live Weather.
Wit 3.4, the same route - with same config - is OK.

This is the start:

Code: Select all
ral:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:390:CrashRpt enabled
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:415:FlightGear:  Version 3.7.0
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:416:Built with Microsoft Visual C++ version 1600
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:418:Jenkins number/ID 2137:2137
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2509:fg_root = C:/Program Files/FlightGear 3.7.0/data
input:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:469:Reading global preferences
input:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:471:Finished Reading global preferences
input:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:645:Reading user settings from C:/Users/Computer/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org/autosave_3_7.xml
input:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2015:aircraft = 777-200ER
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:251:Loading aircraft -set file from:C:/Program Files/FlightGear 3.7.0/data/Aircraft/777/777-200ER-set.xml
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:138:Found language resource for: en_GB
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'en' from C:/Program Files/FlightGear 3.7.0/data/Translations/en/sys.xml
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\locale.cxx:219:Reading localized strings for 'en' from C:/Program Files/FlightGear 3.7.0/data/Translations/en/atc.xml
general:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:352:scenery path not found:C:/Program Files/FlightGear 3.7.0/fgdata/Scenery
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:892:Setting geometry to 1920x1200

general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:669:Channel string = 5501
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:669:Channel string = out,10,mpserver01.flightgear.org,5000
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:669:Channel string = in,10,,5000
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2289:Using default download dir: C:/Users/Computer/Documents/FlightGear
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\options.cxx:2313:Using explicit TerraSync dir: C:\Users\Computer\Documents\FlightGear\TerraSync
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\globals.cxx:359:skipping duplicate add of scenery path:C:/Users/Computer/Documents/FlightGear/TerraSync
astro:3:..\..\simgear\simgear\scene\sky\cloud.cxx:343:initializing cloud layers
general:5:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\main.cxx:491:Enabling ATI viewport hack
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:667:Configuration State
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:668:======= ==============
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:670:aircraft-dir = "C:/Program Files/FlightGear 3.7.0/data/Aircraft/777"
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:671:fghome-dir = "C:\Users\Computer\AppData\Roaming\flightgear.org"
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:672:download-dir = ""
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:673:terrasync-dir = "C:\Users\Computer\Documents\FlightGear\TerraSync"
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:675:aircraft-search-paths =
   C:\Users\Computer\Documents\FlightGear\Aircraft
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:676:scenery-search-paths =
   C:/Users/Computer/Documents/FlightGear/TerraSync
   C:/Users/Computer/Documents/FlightGear/TerraSync/Terrain
   C:/Users/Computer/Documents/FlightGear/TerraSync/Objects

C:/Users/Computer/Documents/FlightGear/Custom Scenery
   C:/Users/Computer/Documents/FlightGear/Custom Scenery/Terrain
   C:/Users/Computer/Documents/FlightGear/Custom Scenery/Objects

opengl:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:203:
opengl:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\fg_os_osgviewer.cxx:203:PNG lib warning : iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited

view:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:445:Splash screen progress init
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\GUI\gui.cxx:117:NVIDIA Corporation
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\GUI\gui.cxx:120:GeForce GTX 650 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\GUI\gui.cxx:123:4.5.0 NVIDIA 358.50
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\GUI\gui.cxx:133:4.50 NVIDIA
view:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:445:Splash screen progress loading-aircraft-list
terrain:5:..\..\simgear\simgear\scene\tsync\terrasync.cxx:441:Starting automatic scenery download/synchronization. Using built-in SVN support. Directory: 'C:\Users\Computer\Documents\FlightGear\TerraSync'.
view:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:445:Splash screen progress loading-nav-dat
terrain:3:..\..\simgear\simgear\scene\tsync\terrasync.cxx:523:Explicit: TerraSync server:http://terrascenery.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/data/Scenery
navaid:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Navaids\NavDataCache.cxx:257:NavCache at:Path "C:/Users/Computer/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org/navdata_3_7.cache"
navaid:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Navaids\NavDataCache.cxx:1119:NavCache: no main cache rebuild required
view:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:445:Splash screen progress init-scenery
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:635:General Initialization
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:636:======= ==============
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:646:FG_ROOT = "C:\Program Files\FlightGear 3.7.0\data"

general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\positioninit.cxx:278:Attempting to set starting position for LIME:28
event:3:..\..\simgear\simgear\timing\sg_time.cxx:91:Reading timezone info from: C:/Program Files/FlightGear 3.7.0/data/Timezone/zone.tab
view:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Viewer\splash.cxx:445:Splash screen progress creating-subsystems
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:685:Creating Subsystems
general:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Main\fg_init.cxx:686:========== ==========

This is what I get:

environment:3:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Environment\realwx_ctrl.cxx:481:NoaaMetarRealWxController::update(): spawning load request for station-id 'LSTA'
nasal:5:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:425:storms update requested! (timer issue when closing the dialog?)
environment:4:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Environment\realwx_ctrl.cxx:453:metar download failed:http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/stations/LSTA.TXT: reason:Not Found
nasal:5:..\..\..\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:425:storms update requested! (timer issue when closing the dialog?)

I have 'transmitted' the crash report on the appearing FG warning's window.
I'm aware that 3.7 is a dev release; but may be someone already knows how to fix it?
Should I report the crash to the bug tracker?

Also: FG 3.7 does not recognize my Logitech Attack-3 inside FG/joystick; it works partially, some buttons of the Attack 3.xml are not 'seen' by FG 3.7.
(I've of course addressed the joystick from the joysticks.xml in Root, with proper path)
The identical Attack-3.xml works perfectly on 3.4.

Final question: does anyone know a foreseen/possible date for a 'stable' release of the 3.7?

Thank you,

I-NEMO
I-NEMO

Callsign: I-NEMO
Version: 2017.2.1

Postby dtlan201 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:37 am

My logitech attack 3 still works fine on 3.7:-D
dtlan201

Callsign: MIA0774
Version: nightly

Postby Thorsten » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:14 am

Is this the right place to report a crash with 3.7?

Not really.

With the devel version, chances are the problem was transient in the first place, so the first question is whether it's still there after a week.

Only if it persists and others can reproduce it, it becomes an actionable issue, so you should try to assemble as much information as possible - i.e. do you crash in the same spot or after the same time, does it matter whether you choose a different aircraft,... once there are a few such pointers which allow to narrow the subsystem, the best place to report it is the mailing list.

Otherwise, if you report a crash with the devel version without any additional information, you'll be asked to provide a backtrace or run with other tools such as address sanitizer - which is cool if you know what to do, but difficult if you don't.

Chances are slim that any developer will specifically download and re-try an hour-long testflight to reproduce a segfault because that takes way too much time.
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:22 pm

I-NEMO wrote in Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:04 am:Is this the right place to report a crash with 3.7?

as thorsten said, not really... the dev list with a paste of the logs and/or backtrace somewhere is the best... i've been running "--log-level=debug" for a few weeks now...

I-NEMO wrote in Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:04 am:I've installed FG 3.7 Nightly Full (Windows), installing FGdata from Sourceforge (Launching it from FGRun; FG Launcher crashes immediately after hitting "run"). Also, Airports.txt has been updated with the 'index.txt' from FG 3.7 in $FG_ROOT/Scenery/Airports.
Donloaded 777 Seattle (full package) from Sourceforge.
Route: LIME-DESIP-SRN-IXORA-ARLES-PUNSA-SANET-MOLUS-ISW17-LSGG
I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64, 32 Mb Ram, NVidia GeForce 650 TI with latest driver.

i'm on 64bit linux (kubuntu 14.04) and build my own fgfs... i do also have a NVIDIA card... i will try to recreate your scenario with the UFO... am i understanding that you are originating your flight at LIME and your destination is LSGG?

[edit]
are you using SID and STAR?
what is your RWY on takeoff and landing? i am currently doing LIME-28 and LSGG-23L...
[/edit]

i've just pulled a full update to ensure that i have the latest code...
PLib:    1b3b3e1d7689a85a50720f112614022c65d592bb
OSG:     47ff1321ef47c1741381377c845ab24b52a23380
Simgear: 1f23fb89c01549349204f6fe559a9639b7a4a60b
FGFS:    d6c5dc647d34b639a7d809cbc4c7fbeccf65f128
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:25 pm

@I-NEMO : following up on this, i've just done two flights... the first crashed because i forgot to turn off AI... there are some definite problems with the AI stuff at this point in time... this is being worked on as part of the adjustments for using the additional information in the apt.dat file... IF you have AI turned on, turn it off and try your flight again...

my second flight was flown with "--disable-ai-models --disable-ai-traffic" and i had no problems at all... other than remembering to climb to at least 15000 to clear those beautiful mountains :wink:
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby I-NEMO » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:36 pm

@wkitty42:

Thank you very much for your help and advice. By turning AI off, everything worked fine with the identical build from Jenkins; even my Logitech joystick commands were OK (yet, I cannot see my Joystick listed into the Menubar/Joystick Configuration).
I apologize for not being aware that the problem was caused by AI.

@ Thorsten: thank you for your explication; at this point, I suppose it won't be useful to report the problem to the mailing list, since the developers would be undoubtedly aware of the AI issue.

regards,

I-NEMO
I-NEMO

Callsign: I-NEMO
Version: 2017.2.1

Postby biloute974 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi,

without AI, i've the same problem with the 777 seattle, my screen freeze after a variable time.
I'm using Linuxmint (17.2 64 bits) with D&C script, my video card is a Nvidia GTX760. It looks that i've don't have freeze if i fly under FL300.
Intel I7 7700 - 16Gb DDR4 - Nvidia GTX970 - FG 2017.4.0 from D&C
biloute974

Callsign: U974
Version: 2016.1.0

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:14 pm

I-NEMO wrote in Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:36 pm:@wkitty42:

Thank you very much for your help and advice. By turning AI off, everything worked fine with the identical build from Jenkins; even my Logitech joystick commands were OK (yet, I cannot see my Joystick listed into the Menubar/Joystick Configuration).
I apologize for not being aware that the problem was caused by AI.

you are welcome and there's no need to apologize, really... there is a lot of work being done and sometimes one small change in position X affects things in other positions... it takes quite a bit of effort to work through everything related to existing bugs and adding new features and capabilities... especially in a large project like FGFS ;)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:21 pm

@biloute974: can you provide a route with originating and destination airports? can you also designate flight levels for each stage of the route so it can be tested with the UFO?

i admit that i only went to 16000 on the previous test because i knew that was all i needed to get over those mountains... plus it gave me a fantastic view which is one of the reasons i fly :wink:

in addition to the above, can you also state what your LOD settings are from the View menu -> Adjust LOD... are you using terrasync or do you have that turned off and using local scenery? the scenery related servers are being moved to new digs and are in the process of being brought back up... they may be accessible in read-only mode at this time but i'm not entirely sure if 3.7 is using them yet or not...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby biloute974 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi,

i have the same "freeze" to any destination. Often i'm take off since LFLL. But it's the same since any airport, after 12-15 minutes of flight, FG freeze but not sound.
I've made a test this afternoon at FL290 and freeze again. Generaly, freeze appear just after FL290 or at cruise FL (350 for me).
My LOD is the default of FG and i'm not using Terrasync since server problems. I'm downloading tiles with Terramaster. I've tested with A330 and the same freeze appear too.
Intel I7 7700 - 16Gb DDR4 - Nvidia GTX970 - FG 2017.4.0 from D&C
biloute974

Callsign: U974
Version: 2016.1.0

Next

Return to Release candidates