Board index FlightGear Media Challenges

creating multiple views

Screenshot and video challenges. Send in your nicest media!

creating multiple views

Postby brownd7380 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello all! I am working on a uas simulation project using flightgear. I would like to display two views from an air craft in separate windows on the same monitor. One view is a traditional cockpit view, the other is a view underneath the aircraft looking at the ground full time. Is it possible to do this? How can it be done? I am aware of the README.txt for multidisplay. I am using good hardware as well: 8 gig plus of ram, xeon processor, good graphics card. Running fedora 16 and flightgear 2.?. In the end I will be streaming each window using ffmpeg for a presentation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
brownd7380

Re: creating multiple views

Postby Gijs » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Welcome!

Sounds like an interesting project! One of our core developers is an UAV profesional, I'm sure he'd be interested in sharing ideas/experiences ;-)

Yes, having several view windows is certainly possible! Did you see our wiki article on multi window setups? The example shown in that article should get you going. Feel free to ask when you get stuck.

Cheers,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Re: creating multiple views

Postby brownd7380 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Actually I was just reading that article. Just some more info on what I am doing. I am an intern at Avetec in Springfield, OH. My team's ultimate goal is to develop collision avoidance systems for uas. Avetec's goal is to get our area designated as one of the six future uas testing sites in our country. Now back to the questions, do I open multiple instance of flight gear to have different views while flying? Can I use fgviewer?
brownd7380

Return to Challenges