Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Systems

JSBSim: searching air-to-fuel-ratio property  Topic is solved

Modeling aircraft systems, like electrical stuff, hydraulics, pneumatics? Feel free to ask support.

Re: JSBSim: searching air-to-fuel-ratio property

Postby Thorsten » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Thorsten must have a lot of free time on his hands if he wants to create a pointless (and unwinnable) battle out of nothing.

Curt, with all due respect - did you read my post at all? For your reference: Anyway - I think what can reasonably be achieved is not the ideal situation, but things can perhaps be mitigated. If people are simply aware how much information we lose, they might help spreading it to where it is needed and/or document things better.

Doesn't sound much like a battle to me.

Why do you write such things? Do you realize that I find this hurtful?

Hang me for anything I've actually written if you must - but not for something I've never written nor meant.
Thorsten

Postby swampthing » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:23 pm

wkitty42 I think it was clear what I wanted to find out. The problem I am talking about is with 2018.3 and its a know problem Saikrishna Arcot tried to do another build just the other day but it failed. Sorry to hear about your father by the way.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Postby swampthing » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Thorsten as I just mentioned to reply to your response I normally test the builds from the edge PPA and there has been a Simgear failure for 2 months I emailed Saikrishna Arcot
and he tried to build it again but said nothing had been submitted for quite some time.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby swampthing » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Curt, its not a competition by any means and yes Discord can be very chatty but for those who do have time and like that mostly younger folks I would say that's fine, they can come on and setup MP flights with each other on a moments notice. My reason for getting into the discussion here was to explain the other servers we have setup for development that don't have a lot of people that are just on there for MP flights or chatter. There is much less chatter and we try to keep it that way so things don't get buried of course I can search for a topic but I would rather scroll to the relevant things instead of searching if possible as time goes by we will have to search but the more concise the better. In other words keep it to the point on those servers. We also have separate servers individual aircraft in development with channels broken down into sections so this helps also for those who are working on those models, any time they get hung up they can visit the learning development servers and get help, so none are as congested as the main Flightgear server. I know this doesn't make everyone happy but it helps to work in real time with one another and there is a smoother workflow with github updates etc. as FB237 mentioned. I know there are other platforms that people use for development besides DIscord. To each there own. Again my reason for making my initial post was not to make a competition between the Mailing list, the forum or Discord it was simply to explain what we were using it for development wise. I think we have things cleared up though, there is no magic bullet that is going to keep everyone happy. I only want to see more people happy. How to keep all of the holes in the boat patched I don't know but if we see one lets try and stop the leak. ;)
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby Alant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 pm

Benih

This has now been officially raised as an issue on jsbsim. You can keep an eye on it at

https://github.com/JSBSim-Team/jsbsim/issues/116

Apologies for all the spurious noise here - sadly it is something that we have to live with with the Internet.

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: from Git

Postby curt » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Swamp: even the astronauts can't stop each other from drilling holes in their own space craft, so the world is just a crazy place I guess. Hopefully they will send up some flex seal on the next resupply mission (or a little dutch boy.)
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Postby swampthing » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:25 pm

What i will do is install 2018.3 again and dig through my email to submit the errors I get in the console regarding Simgear and my PC specifications along with the OS. It may be something James already knows about or maybe not. Saikrishna Arcot did not know about the problem for 2 month until I emailed him. I just assumed someone on the core dev team was still working on it and it had been about that long since it was broken, I needed a working version so I could do my work but eventually decided to give it a try again to find the same error in the console when Flightgear would not start at all.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby swampthing » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Curt in the racing world we just used duct tape and diapers to keep leaking fluid off of the track so you can make a pass. I'm not sure that or the little Dutch boy will work in this case. Its just pains we'll have to work through.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby Octal450 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 pm

I am rather confused why there are 3 pages of rubbish and barely any of it is related to the question asked by benih, just starting a USELESS argument.

So can we get back on topic please? I would also like to find such a property in JSB, seems it could be something very useful.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Waste of time. Goodbye forever.
Octal450

Postby Alant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Don´t worry. It is being addressed over on the JSBsim list, away from all of this .
Will report back when a there is news.

Alan
Alant

Postby Octal450 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Thanks alot Alan, I really should get on that list.

Thank you for doing here what should be done, and not arguing.

Josh
Waste of time. Goodbye forever.
Octal450

Postby Megaf » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Can any admin or moderator please clean this topic removing all conversations regarding Discord, including my posts?
This topic has a lot of potential and I find very productive the things we can learn from OPs question!
Megaf

Callsign: MGF87, WNG0001,
IRC name: Megaf
Version: 2008.3.2

Postby Alant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:39 pm

I have reported to the moderators. However their task is difficult because some folk think that any interference the moderators them is a violation of free speech.

Alan
Alant

Postby swampthing » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Megaf get over it. You only feel responsible because you posted a discord link, blah blah blah in the first place let them finish their conversation.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:30 am

swampthing wrote in Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:27 pm:Thorsten as I just mentioned to reply to your response I normally test the builds from the edge PPA and there has been a Simgear failure for 2 months I emailed Saikrishna Arcot and he tried to build it again but said nothing had been submitted for quite some time.

there hasn't been anything on the mailing list about this... it would appear to be down to what sources that PPA is using... i'm running the very latest code available for OSG3.4, SG and FG... i simply do not have or know of whatever this SG problem is that you speak of...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

PreviousNext

Return to Systems