Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Systems

Tu-154b DME Issue  Topic is solved

Modeling aircraft systems, like electrical stuff, hydraulics, pneumatics? Feel free to ask support.

Tu-154b DME Issue  

Postby OrangeTiger » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a Problem regarding the DME of the Tu-154b and I hope this is the right Forum to ask for it.

The DME of the Tu-154b has three modes: DME1-RSBN-DME2. The Mode RSBN shows the distance to the selected RSBN and is working fine. The Modes DME 1 and 2 should show the distance to the VOR/DME selected in the NAV Radios 1 and 2, but the DME only shows a red line across the Display as if the VOR is not in range, but it definitly is.
Also when I set the RSBN System so that I can enter VOR Frequencies (Which is only available in the Model, not in the real plane) the DME is showing the correct distance.
So I guess the problem must be with the NAV Radios 1 and 2.

I'm searching for the Issue in the source, but I'm too less experienced with that. So, if someone has a clue please let me know :)

btw: The Aircraft is from FGMEMBERS.

Thanks for help,
OrangeTiger
OrangeTiger

Callsign: AFL-940
Version: 3.7

Re: Tu-154b DME Issue

Postby sanhozay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:56 am

On the overhead/radio panel (4), did you flick the switches at the top left corner of the DME receiver units to the up position? These are labelled CA-67 N1 and CA-67 N2 (in cyrillic but that's the nearest western representation). The switches are labelled BKN.

Presumably you are aware that the frequency of a VOR/DME station has to be entered on both the DME receiver and the KURS MP radios to get the VOR/DME behaviour typical of western airliners?

The switches under the pilot and copilot DME displays then switch between DME1/RSBN/DME2.

If all else fails, post a complete screenshot of your overhead panel after startup.
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby Thorsten » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:10 am

btw: The Aircraft is from FGMEMBERS.

Please in general direct inquiries for aircraft obtained from FGMembers to the FGMembers forum - since there is an 'anyone can edit anything' policy in force there, we have no way of knowing what has been modified as compared to the official FG aircraft collection. I have already had 'problems' reported with an aircraft I maintain, tried to reproduce it when it turned out this was an FGMembers site difference, so this is not a particularly far-fetched scenario.
Thorsten

Postby sanhozay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:53 pm

The tu154b in FGMEMBERS is indeed different from FGADDON, not because FGMEMBERS are making material changes, but because they mirror it from the development repository:

https://github.com/yuriknsk/tu154b

These are the versions I would recommend using, because FGADDON does not have some bug fixes and new features that are in the development version. If you want to use the NVU navigation computer, for example, you need a version newer than that in FGADDON.

@Thorsten, is the above an official directive not to use this forum to support aircraft from anything other than the "official FG aircraft collection", i.e. FGADDON?
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby Thorsten » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:57 pm

You may of course support whatever you like here - which is why I started my comment out with 'in general'.

I'd still like to pass the information what you can expect in case of other bug reports - I for instance mostly won't respond to anything seen with planes not from the official repository, since trying to establish proper version control costs too much of my time. The standard practice should be to commit material to FGAddon and have it version-controlled and updated for core changes that way. Generating multiple versions of a plane all over the internet and expecting FG developers to sort out which version a user has and why it doesn't run with a given FG instance is no way forward in my opinion.

Since FGMembers did host non GPL-licensed material under its GPL section in the past and has no real gatekeeping procedure to prevent that such material is added, there have been concerns about links though - this forum is in principle legally responsible in case the plane linked has license-violating material.
Thorsten

Return to Systems