Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGx

Have a question on Windows 8

A launcher for FlightGear.
Forum rules
Note that FGx has been unmaintained for years. Users may want to use the built-in Qt Launcher instead.

Have a question on Windows 8

Postby housefatherof6 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Does the FGx work on windows 8. Notice you have it for windows 7.
Do you have any Documentation or snap shots as to were you point to the scenery and terrasync files and any other info on how to set the start up pages and tabs.
Have Hp windows 8 64 bits AMD a6-5400k accelerated processor 3.6gz turbo up to 3.8gz. with 8GB of memory and AMD Radeon HD 75400 Graphics card.
Thanks in advance
housefatherof6

Callsign: jayhawk
Version: 3.0.0

Re: Have a question on Windows 8

Postby Michat » Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi. FG should work in w8.

There are several Terrasync config videos on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQlp77GvDu8

I recommend you to update your Ati drivers before install FG.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby housefatherof6 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Michat Thank you. I did download FGX, already had Flight gear 2.10 installed. FGX seem to run a lot faster but notice on the right side where the pic of plane is suppose to be was blank. Did some searching up on the board here and found that I need download Sqlite binaries in two post viewtopic.php?f=65&t=12529 and viewtopic.php?f=65&t=12445 for aircraft and airport list in data base. Both point to http://www.sqlite.org/download.html. Have a few questions.
1. at the sqlite.org site there are three binaries listed under windows one the command shell, the dll and the analyer, which one do I download, all 3 or just the command shell?
2 Since I have already install FGX do I need to uninstall it and then reinstall it after I have download and installed the need sqlite binaries?
3. gral posted INSTALLATION:
- download .zip and unzip - put all content of the folder to your FlightGear directory - doubleclick "fgx.exe" viewtopic.php?f=65&t=12445, when I installed FGX it install in my appdata local directory is this where it's suppose to install or should it be install in the FlightGrear directory?

Thanks ahead of time for anyone that can help me out.
housefatherof6

Callsign: jayhawk
Version: 3.0.0

Postby Michat » Wed May 08, 2013 4:23 pm

I don't know the answers, It seems you are more skilled user than me and all of your questions are related with FGX (no good idea to use and X for that free api name :roll: )

In oder to be more accurate getting specific answers I think you must rename this topic as windows8 FGX install, or maybe symply FGX install if is not specific issue of your OS.

Cheers
Michat

Version: 191b

Return to FGx