Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGx

Invalid Option

A launcher for FlightGear.
Forum rules
Note that FGx has been unmaintained for years. Users may want to use the built-in Qt Launcher instead.

Invalid Option

Postby Avionyx » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:24 am

Hi all,

Trying everything I can to get FG running on 10.8, the only stumbling block I seem to have now is this:

Code: Select all
FlightGear: invalid option --geometry=1280x800 (-h will show valid options)
add_log:fgfs:process exited with code: 2, status: QProcess::NormalExit

No matter what resolution I put in Geometry I get the same Invalid option error. Does anyone have any ideas?

All the best,

Alex
Avionyx

Callsign: G-AVYX
Version: 2020.4

Re: Invalid Option

Postby gral » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi Alex

Will have a look to this asap. Thanks for reporting. Are you using FGx built-in FlightGear or do you set path to a "self-compiled" development version?

-gral
gral

Callsign: HB-GRAL
Version: GIT

Postby Avionyx » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Using it all with FGx built in at the moment. Is there any way I can get it to not set the Geometry parameter to see what happens?

Happy to help in any way I can.
Alex
Avionyx

Postby gral » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Avionyx wrote in Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm:Using it all with FGx built in at the moment. Is there any way I can get it to not set the Geometry parameter to see what happens?

Happy to help in any way I can.
Alex

Hi Alex

No, there is no such option at the moment to disable --geometry at all. It’s a really strange behaviour and it works here as expected on older systems AFAICS. I will have a look tomorrow on my 10.8 machine. Meantime you probably can copy/paste here the full command line you try to start (on expert tab), this will help a lot.

Thanks, gral
gral

Postby Avionyx » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi Gral,

Well, good news and bad. The good news is that I have got it working! The bad is that I'm not entirely sure how.

I just thought I'd give it another go tonight and see what happened, it simply worked.
The only thing I have updated today is to the latest, 10.8 version of the Xcode dev suite so I can only assume that there was some library contained in there that I was missing? or Xcode is required for it to run, which seems unlikely.

Anyway, if It's of any help here is the command line it produces to run:

"/Users/Alex/Desktop/FGx.app/Contents/MacOS/fgfs"
--callsign=G-AVYX
--geometry=1280x800
--enable-fullscreen
--disable-splash-screen
--aircraft=c172p
--airport=KLVK
--fg-root=/Users/Alex/Desktop/FGx.app/Contents/Resources/fgx-fgdata
--fg-scenery=/Users/Alex/Desktop/FGx.app/Contents/Resources/fgx-fgdata/Scenery

Hardly a complex one I'd say? I had tried with fullscreen disabled, splash enabled and a selection of airports and aircraft.
At least it's fixed now, but I wish I could be more use as to why.
If there's anything else I can do to help let me know.

Alex
Avionyx

Postby gral » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Alex

Tested today on a 10.8 with your settings (with no Xcode installed) and had no problems so far. Played around with different geometry settings and everything worked as expected. And it disappeared on your side too, so I have nothing left today :shock:

In case it will appear again, please copy the whole log you get in the logging windows and post it, and also the command line args again. But I hope you will not face it anymore. It’s probably just a trick from apple, because FlightGear and FGx doesn’t come to the apple store :D

Cheers, gral
gral

Return to FGx