Board index FlightGear Development New features

Flightgear for PS3!!!

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: Flightgear for PS3!!!

Postby Arthur Maiden » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:51 am

so thats why my flightgear on PS3 was all wierded up!, see i idnt install the update and you can guess why
FGUK - A FlightGear community in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
Callsign: G-PHEN
AVA Callsign: AVA0016 - RETIRED
The development of the S92 has infected my Avatar...
Arthur Maiden

Version: GIT

Postby Quadunit404 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:15 am

:? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding that.

It's probably because of American English and British English being _slightly_ different :wink:
Quadunit404

Postby Arthur Maiden » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:33 pm

that was english... well yorkshire anyways...

im saying my FG stopped working properly on my ps3... mainly because i didnt upgrade and so my PS3 is "outdated"... i didnt upgrade because i looked at the patchnotes before upgrading... always do
FGUK - A FlightGear community in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
AVA Callsign: AVA0016 - RETIRED
The development of the S92 has infected my Avatar...
Arthur Maiden

Version: GIT

Postby obk01 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:12 am

ChocBoy wrote:I agree. Half of my school is addicted to COD4 (I'm pretty proud I don't even have xBox), and it really pisses me off how they all talk about the warplanes in it thinking they are fighter jet experts:

Gamer: "Yeah, dude, the Harrier is awesome! It can hover! And it can hover above you to drop an airdrop!"
Me: "FYI, the Harrier only hovers during landing and has a horrible payload, and also is considered a STOVL aircraft, which utilizes short runways."

Gamer: "Man, that AC-130 is the best plane ever. Bet I could fly one"
Me: FYI, the AC-130 is one of the least produced Hercules' in the USAF inventory, and is seldom used.

Gamer: "I GOT A PREDATOR MISSILE! ITS AWESOME! IM GONNA CALL THEM IN WHEN I JOIN THE MARINES!"
Me: There is NO SUCH THING as a predator missile!

Gamer: "I know everything about UAVs"
Me: No, you don't.

Just gets really annoying; people constantly bragging about "how we all know everything about military aviation" when they don't even know what a throttle is (and yes, that is true! Someone said it was a trigger for ejecting!)

Umm... predator missiles are real, when its referred as a predator missile... its a missile fired from a predator drone which is capable...

"The General Atomics MQ-1 Predator is an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) which the United States Air Force (USAF) describes as a MALE (medium-altitude, long-endurance) UAV system. It can serve in a reconnaissance and forward observation role, and can also fire two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles at identified targets. The aircraft, in use since 1995, has seen combat over Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bosnia, Serbia, Iraq, and Yemen"

oh and the ac-130 is used a bit more than you think.

"AC-130s from both the 4th and 16th Special Operations Squadrons have been deployed in virtually every conflict the U.S. has been involved in, officially and unofficially, since the end of the Vietnam War. These include deployments supporting the following conflicts or contingencies:

Operation Urgent Fury - Grenada, 1983
Operation Just Cause - Panama, 1989
Operation Desert Storm - Iraq/Kuwait, 1991
Operation Restore Hope - Somalia, 1992–94
Operation Uphold Democracy - Haiti, 1994
Operation Deny Flight/Joint Endeavor - Bosnia, 1993–99
Operation Assured Response - Liberia, 1996
Operation Allied Force - Kosovo, March-July 1999
Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan, 2001–present
Operation Iraqi Freedom - Iraq, 2003–present"

"Currently there are eight AC-130H and seventeen AC-130U aircraft in active duty service."
obk01

Postby obk01 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:16 am

Oh and I'd also like to add that you can no longer have linux on the PS3 (or at least go online with the ps3 with it or something like that) with the new update they made
obk01

Previous

Return to New features