Board index FlightGear Development New features

Ubuntu Aircraft Packages

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: Ubuntu Aircraft Packages

Postby Chris10 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Groucho wrote:To understand correctly- you were able to build flightgear/simgear by using osg 2.8.x from this location:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/ ... /Downloads
Is that correct?

Because this is the latest stable version.

I used the latest release in to Debian sid (v2.8.3-4) of osg, to build source packages for both simgear (v2.0.0), flightgear (v2.0.0) and fgrun (v1.5.2). I have done some test and it runs with no obvious problems on my system.

Chris
Chris10

Postby Chris10 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:44 pm

I have completed these packages, as well as updates to the flightgear packages, and now and they are waiting to enter Debian. However I am not sure how long this process will take, if your want them now you can download them and compile them yourself from this website, http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/spons ... 0gmail.com . If you have any problems or suggestions just contact me.

Thanks,

Chris
Chris10

Postby Oby » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Fantastic work! This shoudl also lead to them being included in the next version of Ubuntu :D
Oby

Postby nike » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Hello Chris,

I'm running Debian Squeeze and would like to build Debian binary packages from your source packages to manage installation via apt or dpkg.

Could you please explain the steps how to build debs from your source packages?

nike
nike

Postby Chris10 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:54 pm

I am assuming you used the script in the first post to create the source packages, the easiest way to create binary packages is to modify this line at the end of the script:
Code: Select all
os.system('debuild -S')

This tells it to build Debian source packages, to build binary packages just remove the -S.

Chris
Chris10

Postby nike » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello Chris,

I have created Debian packages for my Squeeze AMD64 installation. I havn't used your script, I did it in a different way:
  • download your packages from mentors.debian.org to a local directory
  • unpack it with
    dpkg-source -x something.dsc
  • change into the newly created source directory
  • modify the file debian/changelog to a version 0.1 to allow for a smooth upgrade in case your original packages move into official Debian repositories. I also changed the maintainer to allow for signing with my gpg-key.
  • create new Debian packages with
    dpkg-buildpackage
    This created all relevant packages for a Debian repository.
  • finally I have created a local repository with reprepro, that contains all locally created Debian packages.

What I recognized is, that all packages are specified for unstable, only flightgear itself was specified for experimental. So, to have all packages in one distribution I changed the specification for flightgear also to unstable.

One package is missing: it is the aircraft Sopwith Camel. Maybe you can also upload that sources to mentors.debian.org

Overall I would say: perfect work from you.

regards
nike
nike

Postby Chris10 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks nike, I have uploaded the sopwith camel package as requested.

Chris
Chris10

Previous

Return to New features