Board index FlightGear Development New features

Introducing SquawkGear

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: Introducing SquawkGear

Postby reeed » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:03 am

I just took a quick look at keyproxy's source code. It uses X Window calls to do the magic of pushing a keypress event into wine. It certainly won't work on a standalone Windows computer.

An idea for those of you who can write Windows code:
http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=simulate+key+press
Write a "keyproxy"-like program that listens on the network for triggers from FG, then simulates a PTT keypress (you may have to inject this keypress into AVC directly).
reeed

Callsign: SQC7294

Postby timekiller24 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up that there is a big vatsim event this weekend -- Cross the Gulf. I plan to participate; and as you can see at http://www.crossthegulf.com/bookings.htm many others do as well. A lot of departures from KMIA are stacked right on each other, which should make Sunday very interesting. Anyone planning to fly with squawkgear?
timekiller24

Postby Chrison » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:42 pm

I've been using SquawkGear quite a bit, lately, and it's fabulous! Thanks! However, one feature I'd like to see in future versions is a history in FG for the text chat coming from Vatsim to FG on the ATC frequency. Currently, the SquawkGear "Direct Comms" window has a history of private chat text, but text coming from the ATC channel is gone once it scrolls off the screen. It would be *really* handy to have the ATC channel text chat saved to the standard FG chat window, if that would be possible. Or, if it would be better/easier, save it to the "Direct Comms" window.

Thanks, again, for making it possible for me to fly on Vatsim using FG! MUCH appreciated!

Regards,

Chris
"Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat!" (Jackie Gleason)
My final approach announcement: "Seats up... Trays locked... Articles stowed... Seat belts on... And may God have mercy on your souls!"
Chrison

Callsign: Chrison, AVA0066

Postby D-79 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:10 am

Hi everyone, what do I have to enter in the FlightGear Wizard to get the line
Code: Select all
--telnet=5900
?

The interface looks like this:

I failed to enter simply the short telnet=5900 as above. It was always longer, such as:

--telnet=serial,bi,0,,5900

Can anyone tell me?

Thanks
David
callsign: D-79
Scenery contributions: EDDM, EDDP, LOWI, ENAL and ENSD, North Sea oil platforms, taxiway signs at EDDF and EDDT
D-79

Version: GIT

Postby Gijs » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:28 am

You can add --telnet=5900 behind the executable path (seperated by a space) on the paths page of FGRun.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby D-79 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Excellent, thanks!

David
callsign: D-79
Scenery contributions: EDDM, EDDP, LOWI, ENAL and ENSD, North Sea oil platforms, taxiway signs at EDDF and EDDT
D-79

Version: GIT

Postby fredb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:27 am

D-79 wrote in Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:10 am:Hi everyone, what do I have to enter in the FlightGear Wizard to get the line
--telnet=5900
?

--telnet=5900 is equivalent to --telnet=socket,in,5,,5900,tcp
fredb

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:51 pm

Everyone! I invite you to join me on Saturday 11th at Kai Tak from 1200 to 1600 UTC in VATSIM! I will be flying at the event, so why dont you join me on vatsim? Link: http://www.vatsim.net/events/reviving-kai-tak

you have a week to set up squawkgear lol.
I'll fly KA841 which was the last flight to arrive there. ZUCK TO VHXX
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:05 pm

I think this tool must be in the fgmeta at SF, all selectable through a FG menu (in-sim) and the option to turn on/off separately from the FG multiplayer (fg servers) in the main menu. And start a github development repo because i think there're a lot to do.
@legoboyvdlp: I don't have enough aviation knowledge to use the VATSIM network, but I think here there're several users who could join. Nice flight!
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Previous

Return to New features