Board index FlightGear Development New features

New mice.xml for Mouse Users

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: New mice.xml for Mouse Users

Postby Zexe » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:25 am

suto wrote:I am flying Cessna 172. When on the ground there is no problem to keep on track but immediately after take-off it is harder to keep above runway - I am thrown to left (or with excessive input on rudder to right) - after that it is easy to get plane back problem is only immediately after rotation. Maybe should find out exact rudder, needed shortly after take-off. Sometimes I am happy with it sometimes find myself 5 meters next to the runway. I tended to use keyboard shortly after take-off controlling only elevator and ailerons by mouse - that was maybe wrong.

I am using your mouse setup and I am very content with it. I am trying both scrolling wheel and left press'n hold click - now I have both possibilities in mice.xml.

It's quite common for flightgear pilots to underestimate the torque compensation in propeller planes, however your case is quite different. Since you are using the mouse, it seems as though your ailerons and elevator controls need to be centered. Unlike a joystick, mouse users need to center the ailerons and elevator right before they take off. The joystick however automatically centers the controls so most of those users don't have mouse users' issues.
Right before you take off, literally, right before you take-off, press "5" to center all controls. This will also center rudder, but since you'll be in the air soon, it won't matter too much. I press "5" all the time since when I am in mode 1 (control mode), I sometimes move my mouse unintentionally, which messes up my controls. If you take a look at one of my videos @ 2mins 6 seconds right at take-off my plane immediately breaks to the right:
I forgot to center my controls by pressing "5". Because i forgot to press "5" for center, my controls were already placed to the right, therefore right after take-off I break right. So please try this solution and let me know.

I always use the keyboard and mouse together. :D Let me know if it works.
Zexe
AIRPORTS: CYYJ, KHAF, RJTT, KEYW
PLANES: m33, grob115, pa22, Goose, MD-81, Velocity-XL, Rallye, F-5E Tiger II, Bocian,
Zexe

Postby suto » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi, sorry for late response at first :oops: :oops: .
Many thanks for great advice. What you have described was exactly my problem. I was seeking to try it some time ago but have problem with not responding key 5. Finally I shifted centering controls for another key and tried it out. I am very happy with it. :) I try also some right rudder shortly after take-off. Video is great too! :D
suto

Version: 2

Postby Zexe » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:45 am

How's the mice.xml treating people? Would love your feedback.

-Zexe
Zexe
PLANES: m33, grob115, pa22, Goose, MD-81, Velocity-XL, Rallye, F-5E Tiger II, Bocian,
Zexe

Postby Merik » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:16 pm

I, for one, felt that mice.xml can be extended even more to allow all major flight controls to be handled using the mouse, therefore I created this topic: http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10902
I'm using FlightGear Git version on a Win 7 machine with an onboard ATI graphic card and 3 GB of RAM.

These are the link I've found useful: Types of AirspeedE6B emulatorAirspaces explained with examples
Merik

Postby Zexe » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 am

Merik wrote in Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:16 pm:I, for one, felt that mice.xml can be extended even more to allow all major flight controls to be handled using the mouse, therefore I created this topic: http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10902

Awesome!
Zexe
Zexe

Previous

Return to New features