Board index FlightGear Development New features

AI & MP Dogfighting now working! Bombable ships, aircraft...

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: AI & MP Dogfighting now working! Bombable ships, aircraf

Postby zbot473 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:16 pm

I can't seem to spawn any AI ground craft. After clicking the spawn button, it just says "0 AI Ground/Water spawned about 5000 meters from your location".
zbot473

Postby DFaber » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:00 pm

I have created a bunch of Bombable compatible Trucks. They can be used in AI scenarios or scattered randomly around your position.

You can find them here:
http://flightgear-de.net/ai-trucks-for-bombable

Greetings
Detlef Faber
FlightGear Development:
http://flightgear-de.net

my 3D-Art:
https://www.sol2500.net
DFaber

Version: GIT

Postby Hevii Guy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 am

Many thanks for your work, Detlef! I've recently discovered the joys of AI. However this isn't without certain frustration sometimes :?

In order to get my scenarios to work, I've had to resort to loading the files in two places:
    FG Root, which on Mac OS is /Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources/data
    Library, again, on Mac OS, this is /Users/me/Library/Application\ Support/FlightGear
The above seems to be covering my butt, but it is is rather inefficient :wink:
Perhaps if you could tell us where to load your relevant files I could finally learn how to properly install "bombable" and "other" AI scenarios.

Many thanks in advance
Hevii Guy

Callsign: CH-HEVI
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby DFaber » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:14 am

Hevii Guy wrote in Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 am:Perhaps if you could tell us where to load your relevant files I could finally learn how to properly install "bombable" and "other" AI scenarios.

I'm not too familar with Mac, but I guess FG Root/Nasal is the Place to put the bombable.nas file and FG root/AI is the place where the AI files should go. I don't know what Library means on Mac. I guess (really just guess!) that's the place where the Scenery and Aircraft Center files are downloaded.

Greetings
Detlef Faber
FlightGear Development:

my 3D-Art:
DFaber

Postby Hevii Guy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Thanks, Detlef. Over the past couple of years, my Library folder began to accumulate files and sub-folders which should have always been in the Root directory. These were ill-informed attempts of mine to try to make certain things work. Clearly, this was not only unsuccessful! but also detrimental!

I've reinstalled FG 2017 after having renamed the FG folder in the Library. Hence, a clean FG folder has been created in that location. It will only be used for automatic loads of Scenery and Aircraft Centre files. I will take care not to pollute it this time! In any case, it's still not clear to me if the contents of the folders in the Bombable.zip must all be moved to their eponymous locations in the Root folder. Or, do they remain as subdirectories of the Bombable folder (which I saved to the Root location)?

Eventually I'll get this sorted out... !
Hevii Guy

Callsign: CH-HEVI
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby DFaber » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Hevii Guy wrote in Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:04 pm:In any case, it's still not clear to me if the contents of the folders in the Bombable.zip must all be moved to their eponymous locations in the Root folder.

That is correct. The Contents of the Nasal subfolder goes into FGs Nasal folder, the AI folder with subfolders (which contains the AI Zeroes, Hellcats, B-17s and tanks) goes to the AI folder. Docs is optional. The top level Aircraft folder contains the modified User Aircraft. These can be put into your User Aircraft folder, but will also work in the root folder. Maybe some day, someone will turn this into an Addon...

Greetings
Detlef Faber
FlightGear Development:

my 3D-Art:
DFaber

Postby Hooray » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 pm

FWIW, I have been in touch with flug, and there's the long-term idea to adapt the Bombable module and turn into a proper "addon" if/when the underlyig addon framework has become sufficiently flexible and powerful.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Aomurasaki » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Hello, i have tried bombable and it was good. But when i run an ai scenery, in KSFO the fancy osm custom scenery was replaced with a old version, even when in the qt launcher the addon is active, and i don't know if it is related but also Red Griffin ATC says this Error registering an add-on.
can anybody help me.
by the while im just gonna uninstall bombable.
EDIT: I did it, and the issue persist then i just remove the add, loaded again and works, so i reinstall bombable and did the previos stuff and it works. jaja. Again, Bombable is a good work, thanks.
Last edited by Aomurasaki on Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aomurasaki

Callsign: LIGHTHWK01
Version: 2020.3.6

Postby nodev2lfrb » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:10 am

someone there in 2020?
nodev2lfrb

Postby miroi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:46 am

Hello, is Bombable addon working with the newest FG 2020. 3.8 ? I would be glad to hear it first, and then try...
miroi

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 pm

someone has done some work recently to make bombable conform to the new FD Addons format but i don't know anything more than that...
the original method of installing bombable was invasive... the new format is not...

FWIW: if i were to desire military style capabilities in FG, i would use the OPRF stuff instead... it is just cleaner and doesn't bother those not using it...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby enrogue » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:37 am

The latest bombable should work with current FG as an addon - the merge was accepted by flug

you should be able to grab it from github here https://github.com/bhugh/Bombable
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Postby Delta5142 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Hi All,
Just a quick question, what are all the aircraft in FG compatible with Bombable?
Delta5142

Callsign: DAL5142
Version: next

Postby vanosten » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:40 am

Delta5142 wrote in Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:07 pm:Hi All,
Just a quick question, what are all the aircraft in FG compatible with Bombable?

Read https://wiki.flightgear.org/Bombable and try to install it. However, if you really want to do damage with a plane, then I suggest you look at my signature.
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby musknikki09 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:20 pm

THIS was what I've been missing all the while long, while my other computer's being repaired!!! Man, oh man,
musknikki09

PreviousNext

Return to New features