Board index FlightGear Development New features

AI & MP Dogfighting now working! Bombable ships, aircraft...

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Bombable FG add-on now compatible with FG 2.10.

Postby flug » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:03 am

I just uploaded a new version of Bombable that is compatible with FlightGear 2.10.0--in fact, it should work with all 2.X versions of FlightGear.

http://brenthugh.com/flightgear/bombable4-5.zip

Thanks to Voudoun da Vinci for helping track down some of the problems and the fixes.

Bombable is still pretty new to FG 2.10, so please let me know if you find any problems. Message in this thread is the best way.

FYI part of the package is a new, greatly improved, historically accurate (to the degree I could make it so!) JSBSim FDM for the Sopwith Camel.

The idea was to make the Camel fly like a real Camel--not just when flying safely well within the envelope like a commercial pilot, but when taking it to the edge and beyond, as real combat pilots did in WWI.

Not easy to fly--but a lot of fun to try. It's SopwithCamel-Bombable (JSBSim), included in the Bombable distribution.
flug

Re: AI & MP Dogfighting now working! Bombable ships, aircraf

Postby flug » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Bombable Ver. 4.5a fixes a couple of pesky bugs, most notably the problem with Bombable over Multiplayer.

I believe that Bombable over Multiplayer is now working again!

http://brenthugh.com/flightgear/bombable4-5a.zip
flug

Postby DutchPilotMitchell » Tue May 14, 2013 6:01 pm

hey, I think that the function that makes scenarios work everywhere, doesnt work any more. When i am at a certain location (other than where the Ai scenario tells me to go) the aircraft dont spawn.
Proud to be Dutch.
DutchPilotMitchell

Callsign: mitchel
Version: 22

Postby Berserker » Sat May 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Downloaded and tried the newest version on 2.10. Works just fine. Shot down a couple o' zeroes this morning. Great job! :D
Favorite Planes on FG: F-14, A-10, A-4, A-6, F-18, Cessna Skymaster, MiG-21, MiG-15, Mirage 2000, and the B-1B.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Berserker

Callsign: Ironman
Version: 3.2

Postby flug » Tue May 21, 2013 2:30 am

DutchPilotMitchell wrote in Tue May 14, 2013 6:01 pm:hey, I think that the function that makes scenarios work everywhere, doesnt work any more. When i am at a certain location (other than where the Ai scenario tells me to go) the aircraft dont spawn.

That's funny, I have been using it quite a bit and haven't noticed a problem.

Are you using the map (check "traffic") to check where they are--sometimes they are just going the wrong way from you and you'll never find them 'by accident'.

If it really doesn't work, there might be some specific reasons that are the cause (different FG version, different part of the world, different something or other), because it definitely is working for me right now in a bunch of different situations where I've tested it.
Last edited by flug on Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
flug

Postby flug » Tue May 21, 2013 2:44 am

I made a YouTube channel and added a couple of videos that demo some Bombable scenarios & multiplayer feature--might be of interest:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGZ0kqmCRJ9j-jRxRzBr9w

Also FYI Oscar chose the historically realistic JSBSim Sopwith Camel FDM that I've been developing in concert with Bombable for his Aircraft of the Month review--check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6gRFEEkkFE
flug

Postby chriscalef » Tue May 21, 2013 7:56 pm

Quick question about bombable: can anyone who uses it tell me what feedback is supposed to be provided to let you know you are being hit? My friend and I got it going a while back, and had some fun shooting at each other, but while the attacker could plainly see his victim start to smoke, the victim could never hear or see any clues that anything untoward was happening at all. Did I screw up my install or something?

Thanks for the great add on, or whatever you call it!!

Chris
chriscalef

Postby DutchPilotMitchell » Wed May 22, 2013 11:43 am

OKay flug I'll look into it better, I'll let you know
Proud to be Dutch.
DutchPilotMitchell

Callsign: mitchel
Version: 22

Postby flug » Sun May 26, 2013 10:23 pm

chriscalef wrote in Tue May 21, 2013 7:56 pm:Quick question about bombable: can anyone who uses it tell me what feedback is supposed to be provided to let you know you are being hit? My friend and I got it going a while back, and had some fun shooting at each other, but while the attacker could plainly see his victim start to smoke, the victim could never hear or see any clues that anything untoward was happening at all. Did I screw up my install or something?

Chris,

It should show text messages near the bottom of the screen. If your screen is very, very small they might be pushed off the bottom or the top? That's about the only reason I could think of why they wouldn't be displayed.

You can see examples of how the messages are displayed in the video here about 17:59: http://youtu.be/nQPxUG9G8UQ?t=17m59s&hd=1
flug

Postby housefatherof6 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:02 am

Have problem running bombable on 64bit windows 8. Bombable Crashes MS Error FG stop working because of error.

Have Hp windows 8 64 bits AMD a6-5400k accelerated processor 3.6gz turbo up to 3.8gz. with 8GB of memory and AMD Radeon HD
75400 Graphics card With up to 4GB Graphics System Memory.

Note: I installed fG 2.10.3 as 64bit did not force 32bit on 64bit when I installed FG

Downloaded bombable here: http://brenthugh.com/flightgear/bombable4-5a.zip

Had FG 2.10.3 runing on 64 bit and did not have any crashes or MS message saying FG stop running because of error, reports, until I downloaded and installed bombable. Now I get MS errors saying that FG has stopped because of an error when bombable is enable or disabled. When I have bombable disable and try to fly like CP-172 I receive the same MS error message. Here the steps I taken so far and well the command lines from FG and FG Wizzard:

Downloaded bombable 4-5a zip and unzip as directed c:\FlightGear\data. After installing bombable and running 1st time MS
error came up saying the Flight Gear stop running because of error and click to close program. Loaded FG again click the
Bombable menu/Bombable Options. Uncheck Bombable module enabled and click Save and then quit. Closed out the FG Wizzard and
then restarted FG Wizzard and the same MS Error came up again. After second try was able to run with Cp-172 but after
flying for a few mintues MS Error appeared again. Close the program out, rebooted and then restarted FG again without
bomable and then with bombable enable and still getting MS errors saying FG stop running because of a error and click
close.

Below are the command lines:

1 - 'C:\FlightGear\terrasync'
C:\FlightGear\bin\Win32\terrasync.exe -S -d "C:\FlightGear\terrasync" -p 5505
Starting automatic scenery download/synchronization. Using built-in SVN support.
Directory: 'C:\FlightGear\terrasync'.
Enabling ATI viewport hack
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'constructio
n'
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'constructio
n'
Bombable (ver. 4.5) loaded - bombable, weapons, damage, fire, and explosion effe
cts
loading scenario 'nimitz_demo'
loading scenario 'BOMB-MarinCountyCamelInvasion1-Simple'
Valid position data received. Connected successfully.
Loading Fokker DR 1 /ai/models/aircraft
n'
n'
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'chocks'
Loading Sopwith Camel /ai/models/aircraft[1]
Initializing Camel utilities ...
pilot-g
headshake
magneto
smoke
... running Camel utilities
Nasal runtime error: props.setValue() passed a NaN
at C:/FlightGear/data/Nasal/props.nas, line 29
called from: C:/FlightGear/data/Aircraft/sopwithCamel-Bombable/Models/fuel.nas
, line 130
Texture file not found: 'glass_shader.png'
Loading S.P.A.D. VII /ai/models/aircraft[2]
Gun vibrations initialized
Error in ground network. Failed to find first waypoint: 0 at KSMF

FG Wizzard Command Line:
C:\FlightGear\bin\Win64\fgfs.exe
--fg-root=C:\FlightGear\data
--fg-scenery=C:\FlightGear\terrasync;C:\FlightGear\data\Scenery;C:\FlightGear\scenery
--airport=CA35
--aircraft=sopwithCamel-YASim-Bombable
--control=joystick
--enable-random-objects
--enable-ai-models
--enable-ai-traffic
--enable-real-weather-fetch
--enable-clouds3d
--bpp=32
--atlas=socket,out,5,localhost,5505,udp
--ai-scenario=BOMB-MarinCountyCamelInvasion1-Simple
--prop:/sim/ati-viewport-hack=1

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
housefatherof6

Callsign: jayhawk
Version: 3.0.0

Postby Hooray » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 am

I'd suggest to completely remove bombable to see if it's related to it or not - if that isn't possible, rename the base package directory and extract a fresh base package into the old location. That should tell us if it's related to bombable or not.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby housefatherof6 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 am

Hooray wrote in Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 am:I'd suggest to completely remove bombable to see if it's related to it or not - if that isn't possible, rename the base package directory and extract a fresh base package into the old location. That should tell us if it's related to bombable or not.

Hooray between my post and yours I did remove bombable to is if it was the problem. After removing bombable and reboot I started up FG again and did not have any error messages and FG was up an flying once again. So it must be related to bombable some how.
housefatherof6

Postby Hooray » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

sounds like some form of borked installation - unless you can prove that it is reproducable after installing things again, which would be "interesting" to know :D
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby housefatherof6 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:43 am

Hooray wrote in Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am:sounds like some form of borked installation - unless you can prove that it is reproducable after installing things again, which would be "interesting" to know :D

Took your suggestion Hooray. Just to make sure I download bombable again and installed it again and did the same time. Same MS error "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." I tried without bombable active unchecked bombable in the menu and with it check. Also tried CP-172 and ShopwithCamel YASim-Bombable. All attempts brought back the error.

Wondering since FG is a 64bit install on my computer if bombable in compatible with windows 8 and/or 64bit. Thought of trying to uninstall FG and Bombable and using the force 32bit install on FG and then install Bombable but remembered I had to use the 64 bit install of FG because the 32bit cause the same error.
housefatherof6

PreviousNext

Return to New features