Board index FlightGear Development New features

Vatsim in FG

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Vatsim in FG

Postby mathew » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:32 pm

Hello

I from poland. We in polish forum to hit on an idea: "Vatsim in FG".
We have program for talk with another pilots. We hawe some people ready to help and this is not much. Who want help us??

Sory for my eanglish.
8)
mathew

Postby mathew » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:25 pm

Somebody now what is it Vatsim?? If yes. Pleas help us.
mathew

Postby Gijs » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:09 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Ai ... on_Network

I'll love to help. But I don't know what I can do for you...
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby mathew » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:50 pm

We'll be organized test us "Vatsim"(ofcourse if we been have some people). Now only need to people who know what fligh in FG. If we been orgenized test i write in this post. This test been for 1-2 weeks.

Sory if I write something wrong.
mathew

Postby Kailingkazak » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:43 am

Kailingkazak

Version: 2

Postby HHS » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:10 pm

There were several people thinking about vatsim and FlightGear. The problem is, taht there are some licence issues. We need a protocol for using the vatsim-network. Vatsim would offer one - but only when it is "closed" means not under GNU GPL-Licence. That's the problem ...
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby simstick » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:32 pm

Why not build our own? Then let MSFS and Xplane users join us? In CVS there is a ground/tower app that is built into FG to have a radar and visually track planes. It could even be used as is all the way up to Center as the radar zooms out quite a bit. We have the MP server. We have the MPmap. All we are lacking is a webpage and test voice to see what will work universally. Voice can be more of a problem for Linux users than windows. With a couple of simple programs we could even start with text.
I'm ready.
simstick

Callsign: simstick IVA010

Postby Gijs » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:48 pm

Why's the Control Tower function not available at the free version of FlightGear? Or is CVS free?
Gijs

Postby simstick » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:18 pm

Check the FG website and the WIKI about building from source. The CVS is the developers code pool where the future is hashed out. And like all of FG is free.

That is why I am against anything to do with VATSIM or other proprietary programs. A group owns the network and the software so once they get to a certain size and say you and I don't like the way things are going you have to start from scratch and get your own programs. Or in this case a Flightgear user can't even get on their network. Where as if we did a Flightgear network with opensource we would welcome any other sim user. They would just have to do the programming to interface with their sim.
simstick

Callsign: simstick IVA010

Postby mathew » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:36 pm

I have program TalkGear. We can use him to talk with other pilots. I invented rudiments for us "Vatsim" and Logo.
mathew

Postby Gijs » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Do you have a link of TalkGear?
Gijs

Postby mathew » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:50 pm

Sorry. Name of this program is Team Speak. :oops:
mathew

Re: Vatsim in FG

Postby CJohn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:16 am

hi all

I wonder if anyone is still interested in FG connectivity to VATSIM?
There has been rumors of imminent release of open source VATSIM FSD connectivity library, which is not derived from their SDK and therefore not protected by NDA.

discuss.
CJohn

Postby martin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:32 pm

CJohn wrote:I wonder if anyone is still interested in FG connectivity to VATSIM?
There has been rumors of imminent release of open source VATSIM FSD connectivity library, which is not derived from their SDK and therefore not protected by NDA.

Let's see if these "rumours" end up in a useable result, maybe an "open" protocol specification. Until they don't have anything available, there's very little to discuss.

Cheers, Martin.
FlightGear Scenery Release Manager
martin

Postby CJohn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:15 pm

martin wrote:
CJohn wrote:I wonder if anyone is still interested in FG connectivity to VATSIM?

Let's see if these "rumours" end up in a useable result, maybe an "open" protocol specification. Until they don't have anything available, there's very little to discuss.
Cheers, Martin.

It'd be non-official (i.e. unrelated to VATGOV in any way) but able to connect to their servers and stay online (observer and pilot modes supported).
CJohn

Next

Return to New features