Board index FlightGear Development New features

Better readability of notifications

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: Better readability of notifications

Postby MariuszXC » Sun May 23, 2021 11:02 am

MariuszXC wrote in Sat May 22, 2021 10:50 pm:To sum it up, I think that at this point what is left is me mailing a reference to this thread to the devel list :-)

Uh oh.

I tried, and received this automated response:

Due to overwhelming abuse by spammers, only list members are allowed
to post to this email list. Please subscribe to the list and then
post from your subscribed address. Thanks!

At this point I'd like to ask one of the developers to submit a reference to this thread to the list.

Here is the content of my email to the list:

I started a topic on the FG Forum
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39200
where I proposed a slight improvement to readability of notifications (and, later on, also in multiplayer chat messages menu).

Rationale behind the proposal is given in the first post in the referenced forum thread.

In a discussion which followed it was suggested, that the best course of action would be to send an email to the developers list, so I comply, hoping you'll find my contribution interesting.
INOP
MariuszXC

Callsign: SP-MRM
Version: 2020.4

Postby icecode » Sun May 23, 2021 11:10 am

The first post needs to be approved manually by a mail list administrator. Don't worry, it will get sent eventually. You do have to subscribe though, but I don't think you need a SF account for that.
icecode

Version: next

Postby danielHL » Sun May 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Okay, one final comment from my side. There seem to be two misconceptions going on between us, Hooray. One is yours: You seem to mis-interpret that my intention was to dissuade the OP from patching for the current GUI because of Qt as next gui (soon-ish). That's absolutely not my intention - in fact I encourage his patches which i wrote two times. I couldn't care less at this point what type of gui will be implemented.

The other one is mine: I interpreted your wall of text citing canvas and Qt as your intention to curb patches to the current way of doing things. I'm sorry for not reading properly. However, I stand by my point that this is not helpful for someone who want's to propose his first two-line patches but is taking this thread further off-topic.

In this spirit, I'll be quiet now and wait for better readability of text messages in FG :-)
danielHL / D-FMPW
danielHL

Callsign: D-FMPW
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Sun May 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Icecode GL wrote in Sun May 23, 2021 11:10 am:The first post needs to be approved manually by a mail list administrator. Don't worry, it will get sent eventually. You do have to subscribe though, but I don't think you need a SF account for that.

you don't need an SF account... i use my gmail account on the mailing list...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Previous

Return to New features