Board index FlightGear Development New features

"F 15 cockpit - low pass in desert"-details

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: "F 15 cockpit - low pass in desert"-details

Postby vnts » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:33 am

I was reminded of this when checking the texture hue/matching project for different parts of the world, including deserts.

What needs to be completed to have this merged? I can implement landclasses (just one?), especially if it's possible to provide links to some example images, and also photos with what the colour palette looks like to the eye - the 'look' of the region - even if the photo is from a different region. Hopefully this could be added to the LTS branch before the LTS releases.

hamzaalloush wrote in Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 pm:..i gave it a new generic look, which makes it apply for areas with vegetation too(rather than only black volcanic)..

hamzaalloush wrote in Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:38 am:..reverted back to desert look and more classic theme.. i created few textures so i can provide the project files ..

It should be fine to have several desert types for different parts of the world. The areas that have a black volcanic look should ideally have that. The new generic desert can be added to deserts/badlands that look like that, or perhaps as a default desert for the fall back global-summer. I don't know the subject research so if you can mention which deserts have different looks I can add the regions.

Kind regards
vnts

Previous

Return to New features