Board index FlightGear Development New features

FlightGear and VATSIM

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: FlightGear and VATSIM

Postby LH-1701 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi Paul,

for flightgear dbus isnt used.

Did you try another vatsim Server?

One addition Reguarding Route clearance: ATC will advise re routings when your route is correct but doesnt match procedures. For example when departing from EDDF some combination of SID and airways after a SID are prohibited even if they look OK.

Tobi
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Callsign: LH-1701
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby AAL545 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:24 pm

for flightgear dbus isnt used.

That's what I thought.
My thinking is either it works or it doesn't.

Did you try another vatsim Server?

I have tried different servers, the one last night was the local one from Canada but like I mentioned I got disconnected.

I wanted to fly out of EDDF today to somewhere where there is no ATC in case I get disconnected again, well,,,,, after logging in as observer and listening for a while my head started spinning and I said to myself, not today, I know the airport pretty good but oh my dear, that was a lot of traffic. One thing I noticed is they use L taxi way more then I'm used to.

Anyway I'll keep looking for answers and keep flying!!!

Paul
AAL4955
AAL545

Postby AAL545 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:26 pm

LH-1701,

By the way what Linux distro are you using?

Paul
AAL4955
AAL545

Postby buffalodad » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:09 am

Hi all -- I'm trying to get Swift working with FG 2018.3.5, but I'm not seeing the added menu option that's supposed to show up under "multiplayer". I ensured that I checked the FlightGear driver install when setting up swift, and I see the flightgear dll files in the swift directory after I install it, and I've restarted both -- but still no menu option. Am I missing any steps?
buffalodad

Postby Isaak » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:10 am

If I'm not mistaken, swift is only supported with FG2020.x and up. You can download a development version here.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Previous

Return to New features