Board index FlightGear Development New features

Wildfire simulation

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: Wildfire simulation

Postby IceMan2 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:18 pm

read the read me doc if i remeber right you don't have to do that i have sorry had mine working in non cvs but i sent my macbbok to apple. it worked just fine
IceMan2

Postby redneck » Wed May 27, 2009 4:37 pm

All planes should be compatible with the wildfire simulation, except the UFO, which can't crash.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby AndersG » Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 pm

redneck wrote:All planes should be compatible with the wildfire simulation, except the UFO, which can't crash.

I suppose monkeyking might have asked about aircraft that can fight fires. So far there is only the Catalina in FlightGear/CVS (or the one in 1.9.1 if you modify it with the patch available on the WildFire site).

/Anders
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby FlugHund » Thu May 28, 2009 12:19 am

AFAICS monkeykings post is spam. there is a hidden link included and my dictionary tells me that this is about life assurance... just to say.
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Postby BNPredator » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 pm

could you something? The website dosent work. Neither dose the direct link. Somone help.
BNPredator

Postby twohundred&twentysix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 am

Could you add a feature to the wildfire simulation that if there are any trees nearby they will catch on fire and then they will then carry onto the next?
twohundred&twentysix

Version: 2

Postby AndersG » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:17 pm

twohundred&twentysix wrote in Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 am:Could you add a feature to the wildfire simulation that if there are any trees nearby they will catch on fire and then they will then carry onto the next?

It is not a simulation on that level - the granularity of the cells is several 10s of meters (and, furthermore, the positions of the trees are only available deep inside the FG core). It does take the terrain type into consideration, however.

/Anders
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Previous

Return to New features