Board index FlightGear Development New features

Startup profiles/configurations

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Startup profiles/configurations

Postby jsb » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:59 pm

I was wondering it there is already a "profile/config manager" to configure the aircraft with one click.
Talking to other FG users I found
- some of them like to do all the steps to bring the aircraft from cold&dark into the air (startup, taxi, ...)
- others prefer to start right on the runway ready for departure
just to name two examples.

Now, while I spend time implementing more and more details for CRJ 700 family, I would like to have a simple menu popup right after FG start and select a profile.
I imagine some XML file holding profiles and each profile contains a number of properties and values. The GUI popup should read the XML, get the available profile names and show a button for each profile.
Right now I just think of "cold&dark" on a parking position and "ready for departure" so I can put the aircraft on runway, do a one-click config/startup and start for a test flight.

Any comments? Anyone did this kind of stuff already?
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB
Version: next

Re: Startup profiles/configurations

Postby Hooray » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby jsb » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Well, that idea crossed my mind already, but it's not exactly one-click ;)
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB

Postby Hooray » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Actually, it is - and even if it wasn't, it's just XML and a little Nasal glue code, so it could be easily customized - for instance, the system can already execute checklists, so this could be generalized even more to end up with startup situations for different scenarios (think shooting an approach). The two links I posted summarize all main discussions relating to this, including the most recent related addition of a "variant-of" tag.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby rico001 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:07 pm

you could maybe put a menu system for each aircraft picture we have fgrun and have time of day, location amount of fuel, aircraft damage, pilot status, location ... some of it would have to be read from the aircraft data files
rico001

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Wouldn't work-- fgrun is not being used anymore instead we have a new launcher in 3.6

Jsb, see the work on the c172pdetailed?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO

Return to New features