Board index FlightGear Development New features

A centralized ACARS-- help!

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

A centralized ACARS-- help!

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:19 pm

I was wondering, would it be possible to make an ACARS which would record to a read-only file, even better an online tracker, certain properties at certain times?

For example, if touchdown="yes" write property/feet per minute to xxxx file
or something like that

And could you write any property?
I joined Delta VA .org, and without an ACARS recording lots of things I can't really do anything there... I can't switch planes or become a captain... all I can do is fly the A318, A319, A320, A321, ATR-42, ATR-72, Avro RJ-85, B1900, DHC-8-100, DHC-8-Q400, EMB-120, JS41, L-100, S2000, S340 which is all very well... but...

So, how could it be done?
I'm not sure they would even accept it.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: next

Re: A centralized ACARS-- help!

Postby clrCoda » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am

Doesn't Delta VA have an acars they share configured to send them the information you need to send them ? According to the NEWS page you download the Delta acars from the fleet library.

--your welcome hehe :-)
Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:54 am

It works with FUUIPC, (some program connecting FS* and something else) but we can't use it.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Hooray » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:08 pm

yes, that is possible, we even have dedicated tutorials describing the process, do a wiki search for "Nasal" and "RPC" (=remote procedure calls). In addition, there are now dedicated http APIs available for making data available to a web service.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Return to New features