Board index FlightGear Development New features

[SOLVED] advanced random trees

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Postby rogue-spectre » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi,

Currently in the flightgear gui it's possible to specify the amount of random trees to generate. This amount is currently the same for forests and urban areas but the rendering is clearly already different : for forest one has trees everywhere, and for urban areas one has trees lines and single trees. It could be nice to differentiate the amount of trees generated randomly for each of these area type. This new option could be nice in order to avoid having a lot of trees inside houses in urban areas with buildings generated from osm2city for instance.

Nice week end ;)
Last edited by rogue-spectre on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rogue-spectre

Re: advanced random trees

Postby Thorsten » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:02 am

That option exists - the relative amount of trees in a landclass can be set in materials.xml, at runtime a single overall density factor can be adjusted (chiefly for performance reasons).
Thorsten

Postby rogue-spectre » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:08 am

Ok, so, i must remove green channel from town*.mask.png city*.mask.png in order to disabled the generation of trees in urban areas. I thought when i asked that the generation of urban trees where in some function, Thank you ;)
rogue-spectre

Return to New features