Board index FlightGear Development New features

Heaven or Hell? Phi sneak preview.

Discussion and requests for new features. Please note that FlightGear developers are volunteers and may or may not be able to consider these requests.

Re: Heaven or Hell? Phi sneak preview.

Postby wlbragg » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Try
http://192.168.0.1:5500/gui/
Replace the 1 (one) with your computers ip #
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Djmax444 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Okay will do

EDIT:
This is what I get...

Djmax444

Postby wlbragg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:06 am

I'm just seeing an "Image" tag without the image.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:57 pm

FWIW1: one can quote the message to get at the broken image links...

FWIW2: dropbox is saying the file doesn't exist...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Pakistan-1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:16 am

not to be rude but the UI kinda looks outdated maybe something in material design or Metro will look good
or since its an app for an IPad wo could use the apple theme
Pakistan-1

Callsign: DocDMG,PK1,MIA2020
Version: 3.7

Postby sanhozay » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:38 am

It's a web application, not an application for iPad. Torsten just happens to run it on an iPad.

There is a trend toward flat design for web applications, which is probably what you mean by outdated, but isn't the functionality more important than the way it looks? Remember this is very new and not finished.
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby Hooray » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:45 am

it certainly looks way more modern than anything we've got built-in right into FG :lol:
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby clrCoda » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:56 am

Something in PHI broke over the last two nighty builds. I have a nightly build from last week and I re-installed it and PHI works, but when I install yesterday's and today's nightly builds for windows the PHI server doesn't seem to be reached.

--Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:49 pm

you do still have your --httpd=5500 set right? 5500 is the default AFAIK... i'm not having any problems with the interface over here... mymachine:5500 connects me to it when the sim is running... we don't need to go to the /gui/ location any more...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby clrCoda » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:07 pm

port 8080 is the default. Like I said, a build from last week still works. Something changed this week.
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:11 pm

port has always been 5500 since i started with 3.4.0... anyway, mine is working just fine... i've been using it daily with the C172P-detailed and am now using it tracking my CistationX flight in progress... i update all the code from the fgfs repo daily for a new compile... i also update fgdata and fgaddon daily at the same time...

what kind of error are you getting? what browser are you using?
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby clrCoda » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm

it's 5500 on you machine because that is what you have it set to.
There is no error. Just no connection in the last two daily builds, but no problem at all, as I keep re-iterating, in the build from last week.

So long as the port is set correctly and matched to the browser, there should be no difference if I use the original 8080 port, or what ever personal port I set

Thanks for trying but you are not answering the problem.
Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:28 pm

I have my httpd set to 5050, and put in http://localhost:5050 but it just loads a page with the PHI logo then PHI- the flightgear user interface.
It never worked, no matter if a 31/05 build or a 08/06 build.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:54 am

clrCoda wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm:it's 5500 on you machine because that is what you have it set to.

no... it is 5500 on my machine because it didn't set it to anything and that's what FgRUN told me it was way back when... since then i've never tried to argue the point... i've just stated it how it has been...

clrCoda wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm:There is no error. Just no connection in the last two daily builds, but no problem at all, as I keep re-iterating, in the build from last week.

and you are are not seeing any errors on the server side??

clrCoda wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm:So long as the port is set correctly and matched to the browser, there should be no difference if I use the original 8080 port, or what ever personal port I set

Ray

well, duh! and you're welcome... sorry for even trying to help... that won't happen in the future, though... while i may be a JANG, it doesn't mean that i don't have some support knowledge and information that may help you... oh well... your loss... in the mean time, don't shoot the messengers... it may be that some JANG has the answer to your problems... especially since a lot of the base fgfs stuff is changing from what ""you guys"" are used to...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby clrCoda » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:41 am

wkitty42 wrote in Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:54 am:
clrCoda wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm:it's 5500 on you machine because that is what you have it set to.

no... it is 5500 on my machine because it didn't set it to anything and that's what FgRUN told me it was way back when... since then i've never tried to argue the point... i've just stated it how it has been...

Torsten wrote in Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:06 pm:
All this is already in GIT. If you run the latest development code and want to try hands-on, start FlightGear with the internal web server enabled (--httpd=8080) and point your browser at http://<your-flightgear-computer>:8080/gui/ or http://localhost:8080/gui/ if you are on a single computer.

You need a descent browser for this. Latest Firefox, Chrome and Safari should work. Operating systems tested are Linux, OSX 10.9 and 10.10, iOS (latest) and Android (latest). It doesn't scale down to small displays yet. 7" and less is a mess.

Technologie behind is HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript and some excellent JavaScript libraries. Mainly jquery, jquery-ui, knockout, require, leaflet and flotcharts.

Hope you like it.

Torsten

wkitty42 wrote in Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:54 am:
clrCoda wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm:There is no error. Just no connection in the last two daily builds, but no problem at all, as I keep re-iterating, in the build from last week.

and you are are not seeing any errors on the server side??

clrCoda wrote in Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:17 pm:So long as the port is set correctly and matched to the browser, there should be no difference if I use the original 8080 port, or what ever personal port I set

Ray

well, duh! and you're welcome... sorry for even trying to help... that won't happen in the future, though... while i may be a JANG, it doesn't mean that i don't have some support knowledge and information that may help you... oh well... your loss... in the mean time, don't shoot the messengers... it may be that some JANG has the answer to your problems... especially since a lot of the base fgfs stuff is changing from what ""you guys"" are used to...

I'm sorry that you took offense, not exactly sure how you got there. I have no idea who you are or how long you've been "with the company" or what your experience is. You can see why I said what I said from the quote I added from the head of this thread.

If you have set your port to --httpd=5500, then you will have to set your web browser to that port. I have set my port to the typical 8080 html service port, historically used thru-out the web as an html port, just like 80 is, and note that this is also the recommended port directly from the developer of the PHI application. --httpd=8080 to be set in the config of the sim to start the included web service to start sending and on port 8080.

The web service stopped sending two-three builds ago. That's what's changed. Like I said, the service worked as prescribed back a week ago. I'm not sure how I can make that any more clear. It works as the developer said it would a week ago, nothing has changed in the config and now the service does not work as it once did. I'm saying that the developer might like to look at the web service and note any recent changes to get the system back up again.

Best to you -- Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

PreviousNext

Return to New features